Options

HARDWARE VS OS

terminalterminal Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
HI TECHS,
JUST WONDERING FROM THE GUYS WHO'VE TAKEN BOTH THE EXAMS WHICH THEY FOUND EASIER. I'VE DONE THE HARDWARE, NETWORK+ AND FOR SOME REASON I NEVER FEEL READY FOR THE OS AS I DON'T HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE AT ALL WITH OS ISSUES. I DIDN'T HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH HARDWARE AND NETWORK+ EITHER BUT I FOUND IT A BREEZE AFTER ONLY USING TESTOUT. CURRENTLY USING TESTOUT FOR THE OS AND WONDERING WHETHER THIS COULD BE ENOUGH TO SEE ME THROUGH? ON ANOTHER FRONT, MOST OF THE STUFF IS OUTDATED AND I'D SAY POINTLESS FROM THE PATH I WAN'T TO TAKE AND ALSO DON'T WAN'T TO SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THIS KINDA STUFF. I'M MAINLY DOING THESE FOR THE SAKE OF IMPROVING MY RESUME AND TRYING TO BREAK INTO NETWORKING WHICH IS WHAT I'D LIKE TO FOCUS ON. ANY VIEWS ON THESE GUYS? THANKS
BE WISE,

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    First, turn off your CAPS LOCK

Second,
    I cannot speak for the guys but neither exam is difficult. The exams are geared toward applicants with experience working with the topics covered in the objectives. Just because a person is a board-swapper in a little computer shop doesn't make them a full-fledged tech.

Get some old/cheap/free equipment, setup a test lab and practice. Meyer's book is highly recommend. Sybex is very good too!

And you may take all the exams you want and put all the certs on your resume, but without some experience....you won't likely be starting as a head IT/ADMIN-type. FWIW, get a job as you continue working through your certifications.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?