Options

Unsure to take 70-290 exam or not

ozzy10ozzy10 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been revising for over 4 months part time because of being at work for this exam. I have purchased practice exam from transcender,measureup and used the mspress book. First time i took these exam getting 70% but now always over 90%. Which practice exam is the cloest to the exam for those people who have taken the exam. Do you think i should take exam because of how well i am doing on these exam now.

Comments

• Options
    billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Seems to me like your ready if your scoring over 90% on the Trancenders! I am taking this exam on Friday and using this week to cram as much as i can in.

Can anyone tell me how long this exam takes? and how many questions?
  • Options
    Thanks for your advise.Let me know how you get on friday and good luck
  • Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    billybob01 wrote:
    Seems to me like your ready if your scoring over 90% on the Trancenders! I am taking this exam on Friday and using this week to cram as much as i can in.

Can anyone tell me how long this exam takes? and how many questions?

I had 45 question, 210 minutes allocated. There was also some extra time at the start to read all the pre exam stuff like agreements etc.

If your scoring over 90%, then you should be fine with the exam. Just remember to read the questions thouroughly.
  • Options
    Thanks for you advise. What type of questions did you get the most. Most people usually tell me it is usally shared/ntfs permission questions.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Learn everything. You're going to need to know it in the real world anyway.

The Transcender practice exams were more difficult than my actual test. If you really want to nail it down, get your flashcard score in the 90% range.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    I used both Prep Logic and Self Test Software exams. The Self-Test exam was more difficult than the MS exam. The Prep Logic in terms of difficulty was about the same than the real MS Exam.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    ozzy10 wrote:
    Thanks for you advise. What type of questions did you get the most. Most people usually tell me it is usally shared/ntfs permission questions.

Mainly backup types and restore. I got about 5 or so sims - mainly in configuring shares and accounts.

I got a couple of questions on WSUS and login troubleshooting.
  • Options
    rstainforthrstainforth Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was about the same plettner, first 12 Q's where backup strategies, then a load on AD, some AD-related sims, some on WSUS, a couple of Hardware Q's and then a load more Q's and a couple of sims on NTFS file permissions.