Options

A+ Certified!

blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
It is finally done! :D

Scored a 718 on the OS portion. I honestly was not prepared for what I encountered during that exam. Not in terms of the actual material; I had a firm grasp of that. I am referring specifically to:

1. Odd questions, expecially an overload of questions pertaining to professionality (i.e. common sense).
2. A duplicate set of questions (the same question appeared twice).
3. A question I had on the Hardware exam appeared on the OS exam word for word... icon_lol.gif

Oh, it was an interesting experience. Bottom line: I can't give you tips on how to best prepare for this exam... CompTIA really out-did themselves with this one! Just review your study material, begin the exam with a confident attitude, bring your common-sense thinking cap with you, and you'll do fine.

Now, on to Net+ and hopefully find a full time job before all the other college grads beat me to it... icon_confused.gif
"Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
- Homer Simpson

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, good luck with n+
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    I had the same experience as you did blackmage. I was really surprised to see those hardware questions pop up.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    manicmanic Inactive Imported Users Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey man i had the same sort of thing. hw questions on the sw test and i also had questions repeate, i thought it was some sort of mistake...or me just loosing it...
    "What do you want from me?" -Pink Floyd
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    jbayne3jbayne3 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on the Net+. Personally, I think Net+ is more straight forward than A+. I really recommend the ExamCram Network+...it was a great review book prior to taking the exam.

Lol...and there is nothing wrong with us college kids who are graduating! Some of us are doing the degree thing AND the cert thing icon_cool.gif Good luck finding a job though!
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    Thanks for the congrats everyone! :D
    jbayne3 wrote:
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on the Net+. Personally, I think Net+ is more straight forward than A+. I really recommend the ExamCram Network+...it was a great review book prior to taking the exam.

Lol...and there is nothing wrong with us college kids who are graduating! Some of us are doing the degree thing AND the cert thing icon_cool.gif Good luck finding a job though!

That's good to know. The ambiguity of the A+ exams was just staggering... I already have a text book from the Net+ preparatory course I took at my college, but I'm not quite sure how well it would prepare me for my exam. My school's choice in A+ books helped me out perfectly, so hopefully I should be ready for the Net+ once I reread the book. icon_redface.gif

My eventual plan is to pick up my school's A.A.S in Computer Networking. It's slow, but I'm getting closer every semester. It's a good degree to prepare you for I.T. in general, considering the required courses include A+, Net+, and CCNA prep courses. The problem is, recent issues at home and noticing that I wasted the past year of my life has given rise to a recent need to get out on my own. Unfortunately, as far as the job market goes, the timing of this need just might bite me in the butt...
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    nilu123nilu123 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey! Thanks for letting me know.. In fact, I did see two same questions wording differenly in my hardware test, And lot of common sense kind of questions, so I am somewhat prepared!
    Thanks again!