Options

Help on 2 questions

hi guys,

I have written these 2 questions down, and forgot to check the answers..hehe..now i can't find which site i got these questions from.. i really need to know the answers..please help!!

1. You are a Network Administrator of a TCP/IP based network. The network consisits of 20 Windows 98 computers. You upgrade these computers to Windows XP Professional. You want to remove the Log Off option from Start Menu of all computers.
Which of the following methods will you use to accomplish this? (Choose all that apply)

A. Use a Local Computer Policy that does not include the Log Off option in Start Menu.
B. On the Advanced tab of the Taskbar and Start Menu dialog box, clear the Display Log Off option.
C. Change local profile to a roaming profile from System Properties>Advanced tab> User Profiles option.
D. On the General Tab of Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box, clear the Personalized Menus option check box. Log off and Log on to the computer.

My answers: A,C (i just guessed..lol)

2. You work as a Network Administrator of a Windows 2000 domain-based network. You want to prevent users from using files offline with a specific extension. How will you accomplish this?

A. Modify the file permission on the specific files to assign all users the Deny-Change permissions.
B. Modify the domain security policy to add the specific file type to the File Not caching domain group policy.
C. Disable offline files on the local computer policy of all computers.
D. Caching of offline files cannot be restricted on the file extension basis.

My answer: B (By default, .sim, .mdb, .ldb, .mdw, .mde, .pst, and .db? are not cached. You can override this setting or specify which files will not be cached through Group Policy) thats what Sybex book stated..and i have no clue what those extensions are for. Correct me if i am wrong.

thanks guys.
good luck on your certs!
"If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Aren't you running XP? Don't be lazy. Dig in and figure that first question out for yourself ;)

I believe B is correct for the second one. One thing you always need to keep in mind is the version of the server OS. NT4, 2000, and 2003 will all support different things. I don't think this applies to this question, but it's something to keep in mind. Keeping track of which OS supported which features was one of the biggest headaches for me.

Most often you will want to disable caching for system files, large files, or files that others are multiple users are working on and that you don't want to have overwritten once the user reconnects, such as a file for an accounting program. For example, the .pst is an outlook personal folder, which can easily hit hundreds of megs if not gigs. You really wouldn't want that being synced over your network on a regular basis, especially if many users would be doing it. These are typically stored locally, but maybe someone threw one on the network for backup or something.