Options

Got it this time....wooohoooooo!

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
Guys,

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=133109#133109

Following on from this previous link, today I passed my CCNA 640-801. Scores as follows:

Score:860/1000

Planning and Designing 91%
Implementation and Operation 83%
Troubleshooting 66%
Technology 84%

I'm putting the troubleshooting score down to not having much exp in the field of working with Cisco kit, which I'm beginning to get more at work and also the pressure of the time in the exam.

I finished 53 questions with 1 minute left. Was nervous but nowhere near as nervous as the first time I sat it and pressed that "End Exam" button. Man was it a relief to see that "Congratulations".......

As previous passers have already posted, very important to know all topics in detail but my particular exam lets just say had alot of switching, ACL and WAN questions. Know how to troubleshoot, VLSM etc etc

Thanks all for the help in pursuing this cert and hopefully I can continue to be of some help in the forum to CCNA hopefuls!

Next on the list is the ITIL foundations cert (random i know but work are paying for it). I'm doing that course on the 9th - 11th May and sit the exam on afternoon of the 11th. After that probably CCDA or compTIA convergence+ self study but I'll continue to frequent the CCNA forums :D .....

Cheers

Malc icon_cool.gif

****EDIT*****
I forgot to mention what I used for study....must have been the excitement of passing lol

Main Study
Used Sybex 5th Edition
CNAP Online Curriculum, alumni access (Ciscopress books)
Labs
CCNA Portable Command Guide
Practice Exams
Cisco CCNA Flashcards
Transcender
Home Lab
2 x 1721 router
1 x 2600 router
3 x 2950 switches

Comments

• Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    MrfixitRightMrfixitRight Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gif Congrats!!
    Keyboard not functioning, Press F1 to continue

Anything that goes up, must come down. Ask any Systems Admin.

dell.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good job! I just passed mine yesterday too :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Paul Boz wrote:
    Good job! I just passed mine yesterday too :)

nice one paul, congrats on your pass mate icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Man, congrats, I knew you could do it!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Good **** bud. Just make sure you hand the keys off to someone else tonight. icon_wink.gif
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats! icon_mrgreen.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the congrats
    markzab wrote:
    Good **** bud. Just make sure you hand the keys off to someone else tonight. icon_wink.gif

lol yeh unfortunately the beer plan fell through I had to drive 4 hours up to Newcastle so I can do a job tomorrow. Just got to my hotel, however I am using the wireless in the bar icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congratulations on the pass and good luck on the CCDA and beyond. Here's to hoping that more of us get to see that "Congratulations. . ." banner after hitting that dreaded button.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Very cool, congratulations on the pass and good luck on the CCDA and beyond. Here's to hoping that more of us get to see that "Congratulations. . ." banner after hitting that dreaded button.

hey man thanks, if you scored 847 on the last attempt you'll breeze it next time......don't dwell too much, just refine the detail......I scored 758 last time which was much less than you and I just made sure I brushed up on the main areas details outlined on the exam description. i.e. I knew all about frame relay, ACL's, EIGRP etc etc in general but I forgot the little annoying things such as...... what address does EIGRP multicast on?.....to put specific info at the top of an ACL etc etc you get the idea?

Sitting the exam and failing it gave me an idea of what to expect the next time. Cisco kinda gives you a big clue here if the actual objectives breakdown of the exam are hard to define as I did find that.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-801.html
    Exam Description
    The CCNA exam is the qualifying exam available to candidates pursuing a single-exam option for the Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA certification. The CCNA (640-801) exam will test materials from the new Interconnection Cisco Network Devices (ICND) course as well as the new Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies (INTRO) course. The exam will certify that the successful candidate has important knowledge and skills necessary to select, connect, configure, and troubleshoot the various Cisco networking devices. The exam covers topics on Extending Switched Networks with VLANS, Determining IP Routes, Managing IP traffic with Access Lists, Establishing Point-to-Point connections, and Establishing Frame Relay Connections.

I'm sure you'll be a CCNA next time for sure, don't sue me if you dont though :P