Options

CCNA exam prep tips

PenfoldPenfold Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I'm currently studying semester three and considering taking the intro exam, does anybody have any good revision tips, my current plan of attack is to read through Todd Lammle's book and then practice some exam questions but im not sure if this is going to be enough, did consider reading through the cisco curriculum but that would be too long winded. Also I sometimes get the feeling that every time I move onto a new semester I forget something from the last one, you know just bits and bobs of info as im not refreshing that info everytime, does anyone else get this??

Comments

• Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Penfold,

I'd say not to put alot of pressure on yourself to pass. sometimes it takes a couple of days for info to sink in and pressurising yourself/cramming info into your head isn't a good way to study....I'm not implying you're doing this I'm talking from my own experience.

I sat the 640-801 (took different route than you) 3 weeks ago and failed my first attempt, I told people I was sitting it and therefore it put pressure on myself, I failed with 758. I knew that I knew the material but just exam jitters got the better of me I think. I passed my retake today with 860/1000

I planned to sit sooner but due to being busy at work I didn't have time to study much until the last week or so, even then I never over exherted myself but I still felt fairly confident. I mainly brushed up on areas I knew I was weak on in last exam wich were mainly detail as opposed to main/general topics. To be honest the "3 weeks off" helped me as, although I forgot some minor details which I refreshed over last week, everything I had learned in the main digested properly.

I would say to try and use the curriculum as well as the sybex book. You know you can use the index on each chapter to pick topics you need to revise? Being "too long winded" isn't really an excuse. If you want the cert then you gota put the work in I'm afraid....People have been known to pass by only using Lammle's book but some people have years exp in the industry who do this.

There are some cool technotes on this website too which may help you out. Just browse the CCNA section of the site

Don't sit the exam until you feel confident on all of the objectives in Cisco's objectives outline which there are links to in the CCNA FAQ section.

Good luck and any q's let us know

Malc
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    Hey man. Search through the threads. We actually all had a great discussion last week on this. Alot of people really gave some great feedback and study tips which i'm using myself. Let me see if i can find the link for you.