Options

Book for MCDST

jojominajojomina Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all

I am new to this forum, but this forums rocks.
I just need some help from all the pro's that did the MCDST Cert.
I want to do the exam in two weeks.

so what kind of book do i need to study from
what kind of practice tests that i have to do
and any advise for me that would be really great.

thank you all

Comments

• Options
    OmahaDonOmahaDon Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used MS books for 271 and 272 plus transcender tests
  • Options
    thank you very much for your reply

I just want to know 53 views one reply
    is that how the forum goes
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like the other poster said the MS Press books are good to use. Also, you will want to install Windows XP Pro and configure it in a lab to gain hands on experience if you don't have it already. Here is the link to the MS Press books on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/MCDST-Self-Paced-Training-70-271-andTroubleshooting/dp/0735622272/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8495666-3249448?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177592046&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/MCDST-Self-Paced-Training-70-272-andTroubleshooting/dp/0735622213/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/103-8495666-3249448?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177592046&sr=8-3

Good luck with the exams!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Thank you for all the repliers
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I used the sybex mcdst for myself, covered both tests in one book, and it was an easier read in my opinion compared to the MS Press. Actually, I've yet to find an MS exam where the MS Press version was significiantly better than any other with the exception of 291, but then I had already purchased 3 others, so the one part that was done signficiantly well (WSUS) I relied on MS technotes.

http://www.amazon.com/MCDST-Microsoft-Certified-Desktop-Technician/dp/0782143520/ref=sr_1_5/103-5573245-6895064?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177600185&sr=1-5
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    BabietechBabietech Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OmahaDon wrote:
    I used MS books for 271 and 272 plus transcender tests

Did you pass your MCDST exams using the MS Press books and Transcender.

I look forward to hearing your comments.
  • Options
    jerfitzjerfitz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In addition to the MS training kit books I used the Exam Cram2 books for both tests. These books have a tearout "Cram Sheet" that they suggest you "read in the car right before you go into the test site" to give you some last minute tips. Worked for me!

Jerry
  • Options
    jerfitz wrote:
    In addition to the MS training kit books I used the Exam Cram2 books for both tests. These books have a tearout "Cram Sheet" that they suggest you "read in the car right before you go into the test site" to give you some last minute tips. Worked for me!

Jerry

what are the names of authors of the exam cram 2 books you used?
  • Options
    jerfitzjerfitz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dan Balter and Phillip Wiest - It's a MeasureUp book from Que.

Jerry
    Babietech wrote:
    jerfitz wrote:

Jerry

• Options
    jerfitz wrote:

Jerry
    Babietech wrote:
    jerfitz wrote:

Jerry

Ok Thanks
  • Options
    Babietech wrote:
    jerfitz wrote:

Jerry
    Babietech wrote:
    jerfitz wrote:

Jerry

Ok Thanks

Hi Jerfitz

I read a couple reviews on the Amazon website regarding the book. Some people indicated that it is a good to use and some indicated that there were a lot of typographical errors in the book as far as boldface words etc. Did you run across any erros such as that or did you have any difficulties with the book itself? Let me know, I'm planning on purchashing the book before I take my exam.

Thanks.