is this achieveable and how much does it cost?

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
how much is this exam and is it acheivable in 2 months after pasing CCNA?

my background in Cisco/networking.....toyed about with Cisco since 2001, done the curriculum back then, passed ccna 640-801 this month after 4 years exp in the industry (mainly ds and sys admin novell netware stuff)....only touched cisco "in the field", end router setup etc on sites....no core work.... but in my opinion I would say that I definately have the "CCNA pre-req" not "just the cert"

From checking out the cisco website, I'd ideally like to pass it before 13/07/07 when the exam changes...... if it doesn't cost the earth then I'm prepared to take the gamble on the £££ and study my ass off........if people think it's a long shot I'd rather you gave honest humble opinions lol

Please be realistic icon_cool.gif

Comments

• buulambuulam Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recently wrote the CCDA. You'll probably still want to have a good read through the book for the design methodology. At least you should have much of the technology questions down from studying CCNA. It's been a while since my CCNA but I'm pretty sure VOIP and IPv6 were not on there, though the questions on those were quite basic on the DA.

I think you may as well go for it since you just passed the CCNA and have that stuff fresh in your head! Good luck
    Currently working on:
    CCNP (BCMSN, ONT, ISCW completed)
    HP ASE ProCurve Networking (BPRAN, Security completed)
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    buulam wrote:
    I recently wrote the CCDA. You'll probably still want to have a good read through the book for the design methodology. At least you should have much of the technology questions down from studying CCNA. It's been a while since my CCNA but I'm pretty sure VOIP and IPv6 were not on there, though the questions on those were quite basic on the DA.

I think you may as well go for it since you just passed the CCNA and have that stuff fresh in your head! Good luck

hey,

Thanks, I will probably just book it, I've found the diane teare book pretty cheap so I think I'll order it on payday lol

How much does the CCDA exam cost?

Malc
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    malcybood wrote:
    buulam wrote:

hey,

Thanks, I will probably just book it, I've found the diane teare book pretty cheap so I think I'll order it on payday lol

How much does the CCDA exam cost?

Malc

Malcybood,

According to Prometric.com, the 640-861 DESGN exam is listed at £84 GBP.
    Malcybood,

Thanks man

I was gona check that way myself but I've not activated my prometric account yet and it says not to do it if you have sat cisco exams before to avoid duplicating accounts.

I'm away on business just now and don't have the cisco candidate number etc.......

Is this for the 640-861 and 640-863? Or do they both cost the same?

Thanks
    malcybood wrote:
    Malcybood,

Thanks man

I was gona check that way myself but I've not activated my prometric account yet and it says not to do it if you have sat cisco exams before to avoid duplicating accounts.

I'm away on business just now and don't have the cisco candidate number etc.......

Thanks

malcybood,

According to Prometric.com, the 640-863 Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions exam is also listed at £84 GBP. Therefore, yes they both cost the same.
    malcybood wrote:
    Malcybood,

Thanks man

Thanks

malcybood,

According to Prometric.com, the 640-863 Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions exam is also listed at £84 GBP. Therefore, yes they both cost the same.

tech-airman, thank you
    Received the Diane TEare book today and can't wait to get into it :D

What did you guys do for practice questions? There are CCDA/DP flashcards kicking about which I used for the CCNA ones for the CCNA but anybody got any other recommendations?
    malcybood wrote:
    Received the Diane TEare book today and can't wait to get into it :D

What did you guys do for practice questions? There are CCDA/DP flashcards kicking about which I used for the CCNA ones for the CCNA but anybody got any other recommendations?

malcybood,

I'm using the exam simulator that comes with the "CCDA(R) Exam Certification Guide (CCDA Self-Study, 640-861), 2nd Edition."

Source:
    1. CCDA® Exam Certification Guide (CCDA Self-Study, 640-861), 2nd Edition - http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587200767&rl=1