Options

Group Question

daveogolfdaveogolf Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was saw this question the other day and was wondering what the correct answer would be.

You are in a Windows 2000 Mixed mode environment and have 2 domains ABC and 123.
Users in Domain ABC need to manage the security permissions for users in Domain 123, how would you go about doing this?
Assign the users to a Global group in domain ABC?
Assign the users to a Domain Local group domain in ABC?
Assign the users to a Global Group in domain 123?
Assign the users to a Domain Local group in domain 123?

I'm really not sure whats the correct way to do this. If the domain are in Mixed mode you don't have universal groups so that eliminates options.
If the domain was 2000 native, 2003, or even the 2003 Interm mode I think the question would be much easier.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    hmm i think the answer is "Assign the users to a Domain Local group in domain 123?", as you would want to add users from the domain ABC to a group in 123 and then assign that group permission to do what ever they need to do in the 123 group.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Options
    daveogolfdaveogolf Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. Thats what I thought it would be but wasn't certain.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with Tibul. It's the same thing really if you acquire a new company. So lets say Domain ABC is the parent company and just acquired Domain 123. The two companies would create a trust and you would figure out what Administrators from Domain ABC will be allowed to manage Domain 123. You would place these administrators into a global group and then nest this global group into the Administrators Domain Local group in Domain 123. Now the selected parent company's administrators can govern the subsidiary.

Hope this makes sense and helps.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks