ARGH~!!!! Just took the test 10 minutes ago

takkietakkie Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
argh.

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just took the test 10 minutes ago, when I see my score, i want to cry.

I got a 847, out of a 849.

2 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

This is my first attempt to CCNA exam, study a ccna book, by myself...for about 1 1/1 month, and have router sim to play with. But I dont have cisco training before.....

I am going to sign up with the 801 exam again, and take it again. I am going to try again, and this time, I am going to get atleast 50 points over the passing grade. YES, I AM GOING TO GET A 900/1000 MY SECOND TIME!

Anyone know whats the passing score for 801?

What additional materials are there for 801 compare to 607? ( I know i know...its on their website, but i feel very bad for myself now..I dont want to go to cisco website...so if you know, please just give me the topic)

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    argh.

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree icon_mad.gif 2 points? that is ridiculous...
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Check out this post for some info about the 801 exam: www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2338
  • takkietakkie Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    there are a few questions thats very unclear in my exam...if i complain to cisco exam staff...email them, or something like that...do you think i can get 2 points???

I am thinking, 1 more question correct will get me about 5-6 points...right??
  • kklentzkklentz Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you barely missed becoming a CCNA! I can understand how you feel.

I found this info on the 640-801 exam:

55 to 65 questions (three simulation), 90 minute time limit, apx. score of 849 needed to pass. Cost: $125 (U.S.).

The CCNA 640-801 exam tests more in-depth knowledge of the ICND 2.x course. The exam covers topics such as:

1. Switching configuration (2950)
    2. OSPF and EIGRP routing protocols (Open Shortest Path First and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol)
    3. VLSM (Variable Length Subnet Masking)
    These topics were not covered in the 640-607 exam.
  • takkietakkie Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you know....whats really sucks are, i believe i really do know my stuff...

i really do...i have taken many sample tests...i score 90+ on alot of them, 80+ on some of them...

I really do understand the concept, about FR, ISDN, WAN, VLAN, Switching, bridging, routing, novell, osi, encapsulations...etc...I know subnetting really well, i can do them in my head.

I work as a programmer, usually in C++, and VB. and I have a Java Certification 2 years ago, on the first try, self study.

When I was in school, I am the highest gpa student in my curriculum, i have very very good memory, on remembering marterials...

BUT, I dont know why I fail today.

The sim questions were not hard, they are pretty staight forward.

They have alot of questions on asking me, which command will display...etc...etc...etc...

I think I might have screw up in those show questions....

If they can give me 1 extra question, and I can get it right, I believe I am a CCNA today...

again, sigh.....
  • cresswellscresswells Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Failed myself by less than 10 marks.

Booked a test a week later and spent lots of time on this site, Celtic Rover and anywhere else I could get test questions. Passed easily and with time to spare.

Don't waste your time appealing - you won't succeed. Resit, pass the exam and move on.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    This may not be Cisco related, but I recently took the Sun Micro System Admin Exam over the summer. The passing mark is 64%. That amounts to 36.4 questions correctly. I answered 36 correctly. Because of 4/10ths of a question, I failed, and lost my $150. I know your pain.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    2 points, that sucks. I know a guy who's taken it twice, and failed both times by a combination of less then 10 points (3 points the 1st time and 7 the 2nd). You definately know your stuff, but with a lot of exams, there's always a little "luck of the draw" on whether you pass or fail. Good luck on the next test, just don't let this stress you, or else you may do worse.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • learningITlearningIT Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2 pts off icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That's hilarious but also surely frustrating for you! I know someone who read a book and took the CCNA test, got the CCNA, never even tried to woo employers. My Cisco teacher was horrible at teaching, but she sure knew her stuff, she got a 946 (like an 85% or so??) I'd like to get my CCNA before I graduate HS, it'd sure be a morale booster! :) People like you are really amazing though...they read a book, 2 months later they get their CCNA. That's really impressive. I guess full-time school does limit my time...
    I want to learn to succeed.
  • saturnstylzsaturnstylz Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ya that totally blows, I took the CCNA about a year and a half ago and failed with the same score. I just started studying for it again, as i plan on pounding certifications. The reason i failed was subnetting and because of that i've put it off for this long. Just cram for another week or two and go retake it as soon as possible while its freesh in your head...you'll get it.
  • halflife78halflife78 Member Posts: 122
    Oh I feel your pain, I took it last Friday and made a 847 out of 849 myselficon_sad.gif I would rather bomb than come that close to passing myself, it just feels like I was robbed.