Options

I NEED HELP WITH A+ HARDWARE EXAM

Pierre MikhailPierre Mikhail Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I NEED HELP WITH MY A+ HARDWARE EXAM. I HAVE FAILED TWICE AND BOTH TIME MY SCORE WAS 506 AND PASSING SCARE IS 515..

WHAT CAN I DO TO PASS THIS EXAM I NEED HELP AND ADVISE WHAT ARE SOME GOOD WAYS THAT I CAN STUDY FOR THIS EXAM??
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny to
(='.'=) your signature to help him gain world
(")_(") domination.

Comments

• Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    What is your experience and what are your test preparation methods?

The A+ exam can be a bit of an everything test. I always use two textbooks (in this case, Mike Meyers and Que). Also, always use two practice exams (I used MeasureUp and TestOut ... testout was very good). Hardware websites are full of good info.
    Hands-on practice is always a big plus (build a computer, upgrade on old one). It makes the information much more relevant to you.
    Don't take the test until you feel you can discuss the information knowledgably in detail without any notes.
    I never schedule a test until I feel I know it well enough to get a perfect score. I have yet to get a high score on any of my certification tests, but I always pass.

(Please avoid having all capital letters in your posts.)
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    One of the easiest ways to ace an exam is to figure out what subjects you are weak in. For example, for the A+ Core exam: if you can't remember how the process works for laser printing, then study that material. If you don't really know the symptoms of bad/failing memory, review that.

A week before taking the Core exam, I couldn't tell you what IRQ numbers went with what devices. During that week, I drilled myself on those subjects. Right before the test I could recite from memory each IRQ assignment.

What helped me the most was going over each review question at the end of each chapter from the book I have. I first tried answering each question without going back in the chapter and looking up the answer. It helped me identify my weak spots very well.

Good luck to you, and let us know when you will be taking the exam again. DON'T GIVE UP! :D
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    Pierre MikhailPierre Mikhail Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank for your assistance... your advice is more than I expected and I appreciate it a lot and I hope that I pass my next exam.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny to
    (='.'=) your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(") domination.
  • Options
    druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You might try buying a new book and using it to study. That usualy helps me when I get study strain from reading the exact same material over and over.

Even if it isn't a "better" book than you have at least it is new.

Also try your best to figure out what subjects you are good at and what subjects you are bad at. This can be very helpful when trying to study right.

Try taking a practice exam and write down topics that seem to frustrate you while taking the test, then go back after you finish and try to pin down what you are failing to understand about the topics. Use this sheet to review until you understand, then make a fresh one.