Options

70-270 Exam Cost

braveheart9braveheart9 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
This question gives me goosebumps.

How much is the 70-270 exam nowadays on average in the UK?

Is there any free vouchers still?

Also all the other mcp exams what's the approx. cost?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    Buy 1 Get 1 Free!
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • Options
    braveheart9braveheart9 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    since when? and how much is the original cost?
  • Options
    straightflopstraightflop Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it's $125 USD

In the UK I'm not sure but I thought I'd answer it for others reading this post that might want to know.
    "Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it"
  • Options
    Dev13Dev13 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can buy some 20% discount coupons from ebay.
  • Options
    pixelperson1pixelperson1 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Microsoft is offering certification exams at zero cost to full-time students and faculty.

I signed up for the 072-270 (which is the same as 070-270).

The provision is that the test must be signed up for and taken before June 31 (end of June).

Oh, forgot to mention. You have to call Pearson Vue (the real people :+) to get the free exam scheduled. You cannot sign up online. However you should do some online research before you call

A nice zero cost way of moving up to MCSE.

Information can be found on the Microsoft site. Or call Pearson direct, they have all the information.

Good luck! :D
    C. Christensen
    CompTia Network+; A+ Certified, Security+
    www.creativeoverload.com
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Microsoft is offering certification exams at zero cost to full-time students and faculty.

I signed up for the 072-270 (which is the same as 070-270).

The provision is that the test must be signed up for and taken before June 31 (end of June).

Oh, forgot to mention. You have to call Pearson Vue (the real people :+) to get the free exam scheduled. You cannot sign up online. However you should do some online research before you call

A nice zero cost way of moving up to MCSE.

Information can be found on the Microsoft site. Or call Pearson direct, they have all the information.

Good luck! :D
    I did the same thing. I had to go through the process of faxing in my student ID since my school does not support a ".edu" or a ".org" TLD. However, it is nice to have an exam paid for so that I can begin my MSCE certification track.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    anyone know if this offer is still available, cant see anything on either site?
  • Options
    ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    This question gives me goosebumps.

How much is the 70-270 exam nowadays on average in the UK?

Is there any free vouchers still?

Also all the other mcp exams what's the approx. cost?

Thanks.

About £90. Not sure if that includes VAT or not though.
    ~Thiassi
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    88 GBP - Inclusive of VAT. You can go online to www.prometric.com, select the Location as United Kingdom and check the Costs of any Vendor Certs.

cheers ! icon_idea.gif
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • Options
    foxprorawksfoxprorawks Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    88 GBP - Inclusive of VAT. You can go online to www.prometric.com, select the Location as United Kingdom and check the Costs of any Vendor Certs.

cheers ! icon_idea.gif

We paid 103.40 GBP (or 88 GBP + VAT).
  • Options
    abu01miahabu01miah Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys when you studied the 70-270 and sat the exam, did you sit the 70-272 exam?? Cos they made me sit it and i said this is not right and they said its the same but it didnt feel like the same.
    Anyway can anyone tell me?
  • Options
    metalicurtmetalicurt Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    70-270 and 70-272 are not the same.
    70-270 is Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    70-272 is Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System.

My friend had scheduled 70-270 through Vue and we noticed that they had actually scheduled him for the 70-272. Luckily we caught it before the day of the test. I don't think you can change it when the exam is less than 24hours away(not 100% sure about that).
    I always double check my exam schedule in advance in case there is a problem.
    Going for MCSE. 3 down, 4 to go.