Options

Anyone got a Video iPod 30GB? Opinions?

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have asked my brother to get me one of these whilst he is in the states due to the $ - £ exchange rate being so good at the moment. I pick it up on Thursday :D

I just wondered if anyone had a 30GB video iPod and what they make of it?

What is the battery life like? Should I need a spare?

I am upgrading from a 5GB ZEN micro MP3 player....I really don't need to do this but boys will have their toys lol

Thanks for any feedback icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    I have had mine for about a year now and I love it. Very strong unit. Just make sure you get a protective case as they scratch very easy.
  • Options
    Gabe7055 wrote:
    I have had mine for about a year now and I love it. Very strong unit. Just make sure you get a protective case as they scratch very easy.

Hey man thanks, what sort of battery life do you gert out of it? Most of the reviews I've read have seemed to reckon around 15 - 16.5 hours for audio playback and about 2.5 hours for video/video podcasts.....is this about right?

Thanks for the reminder as I have also seen in these reviews that they scratch easily....I'll mainly be using it for the gym and I'm gona "ipod my car" lol ....I avoided paying £500 upgrading my ICE on my new car that I got last month for the reason I can set my iPod up in it......

happy days
  • Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Battery life is pretty subjective based on how you use the unit. I usually get 8 to 10 hours off mine, but your milage may very based on EQ, volume, and the such.

Anyway I have never been lacking for battery life but you can always pick up a cheap car charger unit.
  • Options
    I now have this and it is a million times improvement on any mp3 player I've had previously, from all aspects of sound quality, ease of syncing and the menu navigation.

Highly recommended for anyone else who s considering buying one :D
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I also have very little complaints (other than being binded to using itunes..but, it does do the job). Probably my best purchase before coming to Iraq. Very tough, battery life is pretty good for me.
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    Gabe7055 wrote:
    +1 to this post. I have had 2 30gbs.. the first, i decided i didn't want it for financial reasons and turned it back.. a few months later after my creative player that replaced the 30gb died, i decided to pick another on up. it was a return, on sale for $279. perfect condition.

Since then, i've always had great battery life, and this thing has been in some odd siuations and positions. ie, i've taken it into the freezer at work with no problems.. it apparently doesn't mind the cold. i use to have it on all the time at work. At somepoint (because i used it at work) i cracked the screen. replacing that was very easy.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    I've always found that the cold drained the battery like if I left it in my car overnight.