Options

Missing or weak topics in sybex?

GogousaGogousa Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
I would like to know if there is any topic missing or weak (and need more information from another book) in the Sybex Book for the Security+ exam.
I have to take this exam by the end of May for my new job but my problem is that I don’t have much time to study. I know I should read from multiple sources, as I always did on all the exams I took, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to do it. So I would love any advice that anyone can give me.
My plan is to read Sybex, techexams notes, and any practice exams I can find.
What areas should I read a little bit more and what is the closest practice exam to the real thing.
If it helps, I’m MCSE and CCNA.
Thanks a lot for any advice

Comments

• Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you know your access controls. That is a major focus point. You cant really eliminate any areas, but that will probably come up more then once on the exam. Study hard and you will be fine.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Someone mentioned the $9 ebook from www.syngress.com while I was studying for mine, and I picked that up and absolutely loved it. It was much more complete than the Exam Cram book I also read. The Security+ is a relatively expensive exam, so you might want to throw an additional $9 at it and just skim it to see if there's any new information.
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    The Sybex book is definitely the way to go. Sounds like you have a good plan.
    When you feel comfortable with the material, I recommend the ExamCram practice test questions (not the textbook). Over 700 questions that phrase the information somewhat differently, which is what the test will do.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    GogousaGogousa Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot, that is what i need it.
    I will finish the sybex book tomorrow and I will take a look at the syngress book. And from there I will practice a lot.
    Does anyone used Transcender?, are they like the real exam?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I love Transcender. Their practice tests have consistently been more difficult than the actual test.