Exam Readiness

matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
Hi everyone:

I was wondering if you all think I would be ready to write the Network+ Exam. I have the exam coming up and I am just nervous!

To prepare:
- I have read Exam Cram 2; and
- Have read Thomson - Course Technology - CompTIA Network + Certification

Courses:
- I have taken a Network+ Course at college;
- I have taken Linux SLES 9;
- I have taken most of the Windows Server 2003 course;
- I have completed a great portion of the NetWare 6.5 course (e-Directory, 5-levels of Novell Security, etc...);
- I have taken a course in Network Routing that included studying the Link State and Distance Vector algorithm, subnetting (both classful and classless); many routing protocols (including RIP (0,1,2), RTMP, DecNet (phases 3, 4, 5), IS-IS, OSPF, NLSP, and PNNI, and many other Routing related stuff!

If you are wondering about any details, here is the program I am enrolled in - http://extraweb.algonquincollege.com/fulltime_programs/programOfStudy.aspx?id=0150X10FPM& .

Practice:
- All exams on this website;
- MeasureUP Certification Preparation (average 97 - 100%); and
- Transcender (average 97 - 100%).
From Security+ book by Sybex:
"One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    matradley wrote:
    Hi everyone:

I was wondering if you all think I would be ready to write the Network+ Exam. I have the exam coming up and I am just nervous!

To prepare:
    - I have read Exam Cram 2; and
    - Have read Thomson - Course Technology - CompTIA Network + Certification

Courses:
    - I have taken a Network+ Course at college;
    - I have taken Linux SLES 9;
    - I have taken most of the Windows Server 2003 course;
    - I have completed a great portion of the NetWare 6.5 course (e-Directory, 5-levels of Novell Security, etc...);
    - I have taken a course in Network Routing that included studying the Link State and Distance Vector algorithm, subnetting (both classful and classless); many routing protocols (including RIP (0,1,2), RTMP, DecNet (phases 3, 4, 5), IS-IS, OSPF, NLSP, and PNNI, and many other Routing related stuff!

If you are wondering about any details, here is the program I am enrolled in - http://extraweb.algonquincollege.com/fulltime_programs/programOfStudy.aspx?id=0150X10FPM& .

Practice:
    - All exams on this website;
    - MeasureUP Certification Preparation (average 97 - 100%); and
    - Transcender (average 97 - 100%).

I would say you are ready. I was scoring in the 80's on transcender and I passed with no problems last friday. Not to mention, you have about double the material I did!

I kinda slouched this exam, as I just wanted to pass it...You should be good to go.

Good Luck!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Thanks! I hope so. :)
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    In my Exam Cram 2 book, it mentions that the exam consists of 72-questions with a passing grade of 646. However, on this website on http://www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml , it mentions that the exam consists of 85-questions with a passing grade of 554 - which is it?
  • ScarletLaceScarletLace Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Seems like your Exam Cram 2 book is a bit outdated :) .

The exam you should be taking is based on the 2005 objectives (the latest Network+ exam) which is also the one listed on this techexams.net website icon_sunny.gif .

That is, the N10-003 exam consisting of 85 questions with a passing grade of 554.
    Seems like your Exam Cram 2 book is a bit outdated :) .

The exam you should be taking is based on the 2005 objectives (the latest Network+ exam) which is also the one listed on this techexams.net website icon_sunny.gif .

That is, the N10-003 exam consisting of 85 questions with a passing grade of 554.
    I thought it might be. The Exam Cram 2 book was written in 2005 for the N10-003. Thanks for confirming with me. :D
    matradley wrote:
    In my Exam Cram 2 book, it mentions that the exam consists of 72-questions with a passing grade of 646. However, on this website on http://www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml , it mentions that the exam consists of 85-questions with a passing grade of 554 - which is it?

the latter of the two. This site is right. Its 85 questions total (some of which arent graded, but they dont tell you which ones). Passing score is 554.

maybe that was the old pre-2005 structure?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

Could be snad...so the important thing is to study alongside the exam objectives and you'll be fine mat angel.gif.

Good luck on the exam icon_exclaim.gif
    Thanks for your help everyone. I did the exam today and passed with an 825! :D Now onto my MCSE!
    matradley wrote:
    Thanks for your help everyone. I did the exam today and passed with an 825! :D Now onto my MCSE!

congrats!

as you can see, you were well prepared!

good luck with MCSE

Excellent work icon_cheers.gif
    Now let's celebrate icon_bounce.gif

And...
    All the best in your MCSE!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops