Options

Windows Question

vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
I installed a printer hosted by a functioning server (Windows Server 2003). Since then, the server has been deactivated and removed from AD. Because the server is no longer available, I am unable to uninstall/delete the printer. Is there a function of Windows (I'm in an XP, Server 2003 environment) that eventually allows this to be deleted?

Thank you in advance for your response.
Certified Lunatic.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you delete it from the registry? Search for the printer name, there should be 10-15 entries. Then to delete the drivers open your Printers and Faxes, go to File, Server Properties, Drivers. Highlight and delete associated drivers.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try going into 'Printers and Faxes' - then go - File - Server Properties - Drivers .... remove from there.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Then to delete the drivers open your Printers and Faxes, go to File, Server Properties, Drivers. Highlight and delete associated drivers.
    RussS wrote:
    Try going into 'Printers and Faxes' - then go - File - Server Properties - Drivers .... remove from there.

Is there an echo in here? icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LMAO - I didn't even see your answer sprkymrk icon_redface.gif

I started to reply while in a remote session when I got dropped - when i reconnected I finished my reply and hit enter icon_lol.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. When I get back to work, I'll try it.
    Certified Lunatic.