This old man need your help.

mtaskayamtaskaya Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_idea.gif

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't stress it dood :)
    I'm 44 and had very little knowledge of networking or W2000 prior to this year when I decided to change focus.
    215 is an interesting exam and I found it more difficult compared to 210. In 210 I was confident that I had passed when I was at around question 40, but with 215 it was a nervous wait for the result to post.
    The objectives cover things like unattend install / driver signing options / printer connection, monitoring, troubleshooting / managing system state data / restoring ssd / disk quotas / data compressin/encryption / remote connectivity / accounts & policies ..... I found a lot of questions in regard to RAID and policies. However you must always remember that the question pool is very large and you may end up with a completely different focus on your test.
    If you can afford it I would recommend CBT Nuggets as a suppliment to your book. I used them for 215 and found that they certainly assisted me to understand some concepts.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • mtaskayamtaskaya Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :) Sorry for late reply RossS, I was out of town.
    Thanks for your advises. Looks like only one study guide never enough for this.
    I have started to download freebies over the net already. A lot of practice exams and pdf docs. Looks like I'm going to be able to do this.
    Thanks again.
    mtaskaya icon_confused.gif
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For 215 I used the Mike Meyers passport book and the Learnkey CBTs mainly, but I also viewed CBT Nuggets as well.
    Study was reasonably straight forward, but I do admit that I was very anxious waiting for my test result, but doing 210 I was confident at the 2/3 mark.
    If you get stuck with anything just post in here - there are lots of fine people who know their stuff and are always prepared to help icon_smile.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think, I better be finish what I have for now.
    I'm already saving all your posts. If I jump one study material to other, I will more sheep.
    So far doing very good Installing-Active directory-dns and dhcp. If you look at the picture like you are telling on your first post, This is not a huge deal after all. I believe, only I have to prepare for the tricky questions.
    I'm holding your advises, Thanks.
    Anonymous wrote:
    I think, I better be finish what I have for now.
    I'm already saving all your posts. If I jump one study material to other, I will more sheep.
    So far doing very good Installing-Active directory-dns and dhcp. If you look at the picture like you are telling on your first post, This is not a huge deal after all. I believe, only I have to prepare for the tricky questions.
    I'm holding your advises, Thanks.
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    You'll find one study guide is never enough as you want to be sure that you're getting differnent takes on the information. Take your time and read through the training kit. Do all the labs in the textbook - then go back and do them again. You're best way to pass this test is with the hands on and trying to see if what the book tells you is right or not icon_wink.gif Don't be surprises if it's not (heehee) there's mistakes in everything so be sure to visit the pubishers website and check for the corrections to your books. Then do as many questions as you can find. I found the product by Transcender to be very helpful in quizzing me and explaining the subtle differences I was missing. Try to focus on what's changed from NT4 to 2000 and you'll be a lot closer to your goal - MS will test you primarily on their new technologies icon_wink.gif
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
    That means catch up new staff daily bases.
    That's chalenging. Microsoft is releasing all that updates and service packs then they are changing their exam questions. This is looks like chasing the train. Microsoft becoming a
    Microhard.
    In the mean time it is very good idea to contact publisher web site to get latest information.
    I will certainly do. Thanks.