Options

Network+ done!

netx_techexnetx_techex Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Nailed down Network+ this morning. Score was OK (900). I'm going for 1000 points on the next CompTIA exam. icon_lol.gif

Thinking about CCNA now. How much more difficult is the Cisco exam? I got 3 years of networking experience...
...currently working as a web developer using PHP, MySQL & JavaScript - what the hell did I get all those shiny certs hanging on my wall for?

Comments

• Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D

Isn't 900 the max score on the Nework+ ? That's what I've been led to believe.

Georgemc
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats!

I 'm pretty sure 900 is 100%
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Awesome work! You aced the CompTIA exam! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool. Congratulations on the pass. You're already introduced to networking, so to speak, so moving to the CCNA won't be a huge jump. There's lots more to learn, a lot more hands-on work to do than on the Network+. (You have to actually prove you can do the work, CompTIA doesn't drill you as much on specific technologies, rather than networking theory and information to know.) I'm sure you'll pass it just fine, especially since you scored a 900 on the Network+. Good luck.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    netx_techexnetx_techex Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It seems that there really are no 1000 points to get at CompTIA. So I just have to try my luck at the CCNA exam! Let's see what I already got...hmm - not enough! I think there is a lot to go through first (subnetting for example icon_eek.gif ) before I will schedule an appointment at my testing center.

By the way, I know that I aced the test. But 900 doesn't feel like full points. If I'm going to get the hardly ever reached 1001 points at CCNA (I'm kidding again) I finally will be satisfied for sure! icon_cool.gif
    ...currently working as a web developer using PHP, MySQL & JavaScript - what the hell did I get all those shiny certs hanging on my wall for?