Options

Practise Questions on Techexams?

braveheart9braveheart9 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just went through a few of them to get a taste of what the exam will be like.

How similar are the questions in layout and difficulty compared to the real ones on the day?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The practice exams that best mimics the real thing tends to be Transcender. The ones on this site are much like the ones you'd find in the textbooks: they're very good in helping you nail down information, but they're probably not as difficult as the real thing.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I don't 'entirely' agree with Slowhand's assessment, although I'm obviously biassed becaused I wrote the questions. But our Microsoft practice questions are generally much longer and more complex (cough... 'better') than the typical 'quiz/review/CompTIA' type of questions you find in most text books. Unless you were referring to the Microsoft Readiness Review books. Like ours, those are Microsoft exam questions but without the fluff. And especially the 70-290 and 291 questions I wrote are not at all like the text book questions, as a result, there are also less. 4 to 5 questions+explanation is about the same as a TechNotes.

Recently posted:
    Rulkiewicz wrote:
    I have heard that the offical 70-270 exam is very wordy. When I first took the free Techexams test, it also seemed wordy. Does this "questioning type / wordyness" from this test match that of the 70-270 test?
    To which the answer is yes.
    How similar are the questions in layout and difficulty compared to the real ones on the day?
    Similar, but as I mentioned above 'less fluff', and you can expect the real exam to be a bit more difficult (but some questions will be easier), while Transcenders are usually a bit harder than the real thing.
    Slowhand wrote:
    they're very good in helping you nail down information
    That's indeed what they are supposed to do, point out weak areas and in the mean time allow you to pick up some relevant facts. I definitely recommend getting a full set of commercial practice questions.