Beast let me tickle its tummy !

Just back from passing the beast !! Very straightforward exam, lots of DNS, DHCP, RRAS etc...Lots of exhibt type questions.

Didnt get a score, which I was a bit miffed about. But just glad to be MCSA now..

Question is, what do I do next..70-217, 70-219 or 70-221. Tempted to do 70-221 as cant be much extra stuff to study for ? Advice greatly appreciated..

Where is that beer...
A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.

Comments

• LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Job well done, Congrats on the pass. icon_thumright.gif Right now im studying 217 and it seems pretty straight forward first 2 chapters on DNS, DHCP, and WINS (not too much on WINS) and the rest is all AD. Doesn't seem too tough.

I plan on going 217>219>216>214
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations!
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Congratz.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    a BIG congrats on the pass! I can't wait until I take it!
  • Stone ColdStone Cold Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mikiemov you slayed the icon_twisted.gif BEAST icon_twisted.gif

I would suggest 221 next, passed it on Tuesday and i found it to be an easy one!! I know however some people really hate the design exams but i thought it was a piece of cake :D

4 case studies and a total of 40 questions. The answers tend to lie in the information they give you in each case study.

Anyway having slayed that beast i am sure you will "tickle the tummy" of 221 as well :P
    and thats the bottom line cos Stone Cold said so!
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Congrats on your pass!

I would also suggest you take the information you got from studying 216 and take it to the 221 exam. These two exams cover the same material, only the format/presentation of the exam is different. Personally, I preferred the design exams. Much easier to read a case scenario and apply the knowledge to the case vs. an obscure question with several possible "right" answers.

Also, for those going on to 217.... CAUTION! That exam hit me way harder than any of the others. I found 216 to be easier for me than 217. However, after taking 217... think about 219... 217 and 219 play the same way 216 and 221 do.

Best of luck to those yet to take them.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Thanks for the word of caution pavlov. Lucky for me my free time has been narrowed down to about zero because of work so I'm gonna make sure I put all my extra time in to getting this one on the first try. From what I've seen on the transcenders, 217 is not going to be an easy one. But with the right amount of study and prep no test is impossible.