Taking Test in 2 days?

omnbomnb Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm a little under prepared I"m afraid but I'm going for it this wed.

About a 1 1/2 ago I took a week long Net+ training course.

Today and tomorrow are nothing but cram sessions at work,home etc so hopefully I'll make it.

What areas should I make sure and hit.

I've been in the networking area for about 4 years managing a small windows domain at my job so I have some experience.

But due to the small place I work a lot of the big stuff throws me.

Comments

• mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Relax, I am sure you will do fine.
    I have not taken my Network plus test yet but eveybody keeps telling me to
    review my Well known ports, Mac, Linux and Novell Material as they relate to the test and make sure you know the OSI Layer.

This site has alot of good information. Check out the Technotes section and review some of the other posts that other members have made in reguards to the test, Lots of Tips and tricks to be found.

Good Luck
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    omnb wrote:
    I'm a little under prepared I"m afraid but I'm going for it this wed.

About a 1 1/2 ago I took a week long Net+ training course.

Today and tomorrow are nothing but cram sessions at work,home etc so hopefully I'll make it.

What areas should I make sure and hit.

I've been in the networking area for about 4 years managing a small windows domain at my job so I have some experience.

But due to the small place I work a lot of the big stuff throws me.
    Yeah, definitely have a look at the Technotes - http://www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml .
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • netx_techexnetx_techex Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    "All People Seem To Need Data Processing" and so do you I guess. Learn the OSI model. In addition to that you should be able to recognize the standard portnumbers and what service / protocol they are associated with. Be sure you know what kind of cables are used in different scenarios (a hint: CX stands for Coaxial).

Don't cram before taking the test. Just relax and you will do fine! icon_cool.gif
    ...currently working as a web developer using PHP, MySQL & JavaScript - what the hell did I get all those shiny certs hanging on my wall for?
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    In addition to looking at the technote be sure to go here:
    http://certification.comptia.org/resources/objectives/Network2005_Objectives.pdf

Those are the objectives for the Network+ Exam, know the topics listed there and you will nail the exam, I do remember alot of troubleshooting type questions. Good Luck hope this helped!
  • omnbomnb Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well just go back from taking the test today and I"m now Network+ certified. I didn't have as much time to cram but some of the stuff from the class was coming back to me as I crammed.

Passed with a 633 but I'll take it. That's 70% :)
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    oops maybe if i would've paid attention to the dates....but anyway congrats ont he pass
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • BPM_33BPM_33 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. One question though I thought the passing score was 646. Did that change?
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    BPM_33 wrote:
    Congrats. One question though I thought the passing score was 646. Did that change?
    It's 554 now. http://www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    554? icon_eek.gif Wonder why CompTIA has made it so low?
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • omnbomnb Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not complaining.......with the old score I would have barely failed icon_sad.gif
    omnb wrote:
    I'm not complaining.......with the old score I would have barely failed icon_sad.gif

A pass is a pass. :P