Looking for a Transiver for A Cisco 2500 Router...Help!!!

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have 2 brand new Cisco 2501 routers that my job has never used so I asked my boss if I can take them home and play with them they will be great because I am currently enrolled in the Cisco Academy Program in night school...he gave me the ok!!! icon_lol.gif The only problem is that they did not come with the transiver that goes from AUX to Ethernet. So I'm looking for a part number or a specifc brand that will work with the Routers. Can anyone help me??? Can someone give me a link where I can get this info. I called Cisco and they kept on giving me the part number for the console cable. I need the Transiver that goes from AUX to Ethernet so I can connect the routers to a switch. Thanks!!! icon_confused.gif
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You can use any ordinary Ethernet transceiver (as long as it has an AUI and UTP port ;))

Here's a pic of the ones I use: icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/images/cl_5l.jpg
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. I have seen pictures of them before. I will try to get my hands on 2 of those transivers. I will be setting up a mini-lab in my house. 2 Cisco 2501 Routers and 2 Cisco 2924XL switches, one Cisco 802.11b antenna, plus 2 PC's and one Laptop. :D
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    viper75 wrote:
    2 Cisco 2501 Routers and 2 Cisco 2924XL switches, one Cisco 802.11b antenna, plus 2 PC's and one Laptop. :D

Cool icon_cool.gif
    Is that setup a good suggested Lab? Should I have anything else?
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    It is an excellent lab for the CCNA exam... 2 routers is really required, but 2 switches is 'deluxe' ;) it allows you to actually configure interVLAN routing..., trunking etc.
    What is the difference between the CentreCom 210T and the CentreCom 210TS? They are both the same price.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    the 210TS is from the 'slim line', it is simply less thick than the 210T