Options

32nit Questions

QuestionTimeQuestionTime Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi:

Any idea what's that mean on 32bit Drivers ? Anyway we can check to see if the driver is 32bit or 64 bit ?

Thankx
The better a man is , the more mistakes he will make . Peter Drucker!

Comments

• Options
    wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    drivers for what?
    Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.
  • Options
    BPM_33BPM_33 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    32 bit drivers are those for 32 bit operating systems ( Windows 9x, 2000, XP, NT, ME).

16 bit drivers are those for DOS & Windows 3.x .
  • Options
    wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    Ahhh, that makes so much more sense. Now I look like an iddiot :)
    Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    BPM_33 wrote:
    32 bit drivers are those for 32 bit operating systems ( Windows 9x, 2000, XP, NT, ME).

16 bit drivers are those for DOS & Windows 3.x .

the driver, the device, and the operating have to also match.

Let's say it's Windows XP 32-bit version with a typical NIC, then you will use the 32bit driver for the 32bit NIC running on a 32bit operating system.

If it was say Windows XP 64bit version, you will have to use a 64bit capable NIC with the appropriate 64bit driver.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    QuestionTimeQuestionTime Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is there any way we can check to is wheather or not the driver is 32bit base or 64bit base ?

Thx
    The better a man is , the more mistakes he will make . Peter Drucker!
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    read the documentation?

I've only used 64bit once, and I remember it included both 32 & 64bit.
    What kind of device is this? If you're looking for the 64bit driver, you should be able find it again.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    read the documentation?

I've only used 64bit once, and I remember it included both 32 & 64bit.
    What kind of device is this? If you're looking for the 64bit driver, you should be able find it again.

I haven"t run into much that didn"t specify 32bit or 64bit. As BHS has asked, "What" sort of driver are you attempting to use? Something you blindly downloaded? Or something that arrived with a device? You'll likely even be able to tell by the file name as many I've seen list 32 or 64 within the file name.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?