Options

If you are waiting for beta tests results of 71-621, 71-622

Comments

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Just got home from work and found the 71-621 score report sheet :) Even though I'm in the UK, the score report sheet was sent out from Pearson Vue in Bloomington, MN.

Good read (even if it is very basic):

TS: Configuring Windows Vista Client: Moderate (the bar went right up the the "e" in Moderate)
    Pro: MS Desktop Support - Enterprise: Moderate (the bar went right up the the "t")

Overall score was 723.

However still having problems with accessing the logo builder and no new cred in the MCP. Oh well, still waiting for MS to sort/fix this. You would think that after the problems with the beta exams, that everything else would have gone thru with no problems icon_rolleyes.gif

-ken
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I’m getting more and more frustrated with Vue and Microsoft every single day. I’ve rang both the MCP help line and Vue’s main office here in the UK and neither will not give me a straight answer!

1st I’m being told that I will receive an update on my Vue profile within the next 24 hours and then I’m emailed saying that they have no record of the 1st beta so to contact MS. I then contact MS and they are saying that they so not see the beta on their system and to contact Vue!

I have now emailed everything I have to do with this exam (including the email from MS linking us to Trika’s blog site saying that the 1st beta WILL be scored) to the MCP helpdesk.

Hopefully someone with their head screwed on will get back to me.
  • Options
    GrymGrym Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just got off the phone with MS Support and they are escalating my issue up and it should be 3-5 days before I see anything on my transcript.

Hopefully something will happen sooner, but not holding my breath.
  • Options
    Grym wrote:
    Just got off the phone with MS Support and they are escalating my issue up and it should be 3-5 days before I see anything on my transcript.

Hopefully something will happen sooner, but not holding my breath.

Good luck, with all the current hassle. I kinda wish that MS stayed with the MCSE/MCSA structure as this new structure seems to cause alot of problems - first with the beta exams and now with records either disappearing or not updating/registering :)

-ken
  • Options
    Still nothing from either MS or Vue!
  • Options
    DionysusDionysus Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is the responce I got from vue yesterday.
    Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE.

After checking with the Microsoft Coordinator, this exam will not be rescored per Microsoft so the status will not change from 'taken' in your Pearson VUE profile. You will receive your score report by postal mail, if you haven't already. For further assistance with this matter, you may contact Microsoft Education at 1-800-636-7544 or at www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, please contact us again.

Thank you,

Pam

I replied asking what she ment by "rescored", no answer yet...
  • Options
    kyrikazekyrikaze Member Posts: 111
    What a mess !! icon_eek.gif

I'm waiting my results from Prometrics and they told me, that they'll be avaible in my transcript between now and the first week of june....

Still a Joke ? icon_evil.gif
  • Options
    Just got done with a chat session with Vue.
    Reece: Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE this is Reece how may I help you?

Glenn: hello reece

Glenn: I spoke with someone yesterday about not getting my exam result for beta 71-621 yet

Glenn: she later sent me an email saying "After checking with the Microsoft Coordinator, this exam will not be rescored per Microsoft so the status will not change from 'taken' in your Pearson VUE profile."

Glenn: and goes on to say it will be mailed to me

Glenn: what does "rescore" mean in this context?

Reece: It is scored electronically at first and has to be rescored manually.

Glenn: so I'm not getting the benifit of a manual scoring?

Reece: Let me check on this for you.

Glenn: ok, ty

Reece: Sorry it is taking so long, I am still currently checking on this for you.

Glenn: take your time

Reece: There were two betas for this exam, you took the first one, which is not going to be rescored at this time per Microsoft until the new version of the exam is released.

Reece: Microsoft should have sent you communications about this.

Reece: You may want to contact them regarding this matter.

Glenn: so what does that mean for me getting my results?

Reece: You will not receive them until a later date.

Glenn: I've heard nothing from MS. Same story with most people I've talked to.

Reece: Which at this point is unknown to us here at Pearson VUE, that is why you will need to contact them.

contacting MS now...
  • Options
    Hey Dion,

We have the same pain! Please let me know if you get a better responce from MS than I did! :)
  • Options
    Reply from MS

Hello Glenn,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Beta Exam Results.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

As you took the first Beta exam for exam 70-621, you won't be receiving the results for that exam, as that exam was being canceled and as per our records you were provided with a free exam voucher for exam 70-621 as well. Candidate's who took only first Beta exam won't get their results.

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

I'm begining to get irritated...

emailed Trikah...
  • Options
    Sound like a bad joke icon_eek.gif ....
  • Options
    GrymGrym Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow thats crap since in the email they sent out it said you could take the results from the first beta.....

Still no update on the transcript for new titles held....
  • Options
    The orginal message I send to Microsoft help.
    Hi,

Is there some news about the beta 71-621 & 71-623 result?
    I'm waiting since the second and third april.(8 week!)
    I read on the Web, that those who don't have took the second bêta exam will not received their result, is that true?
    It's not my situation, because I took the second bêta too, but is the same for us who took the second Bêta?
    When do you think we will be able ton have our result?
    And what about the 71-623 too ? The first exam I took was canceled, and for the second, I'm still waiting for my result.

I'm waiting for your answer, Best Regards.

The answer I get:

Hello Kyrikaze,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Beta exam.

We value your time and appreciate your patience. Candidates are notified by e-mail of the results of their beta exam a few days prior to the exam going live. If you have not received your score report within this timeframe please contact the testing company you tested with to have this resolved.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Shelly
    MCPHelp@microsoft.com
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning

So, Microsoft says that I must call my Prometric center, and Prometric says that they they don't have result from Microsoft..... icon_exclaim.gif

What a mess icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    I've still heard NOTHING from ms icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dionysus wrote:
    This is the responce I got from vue yesterday.
    Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE.

After checking with the Microsoft Coordinator, this exam will not be rescored per Microsoft so the status will not change from 'taken' in your Pearson VUE profile. You will receive your score report by postal mail, if you haven't already. For further assistance with this matter, you may contact Microsoft Education at 1-800-636-7544 or at www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, please contact us again.

Thank you,

Pam

I replied asking what she ment by "rescored", no answer yet...

That doesn't sound good. I am still waiting for my results from Prometric. I emailed them a few days ago and there response was to call them. I haven't called them yet partially because I figure they won't be able to do anything about it anyway. I might call after the first week of June if I haven't gotten my results by then.

NinjaBoy wrote:
    I kinda wish that MS stayed with the MCSE/MCSA structure as this new structure seems to cause alot of problems

I couldn't agree more.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    My latest email to MS.
    I choose not to take the second beta with the understanding that I may still have a chance to pass.

Below is text pulled directly from an email from Microsoft announcing the second beta.

Note the underlined areas.

Now I'm being told that I will not receive my results. Please escalate this issue to a manager...

According to the email quoted below I am entitled to the free voucher AND the score of the 1st beta exam...

Glenn

What this means to your score on 71-621 and/or 71-622.
    Your first beta exams will be scored based on the results of the second beta (i.e. the final scoring model will be based on the re-engineered exams) and will be available in late May 2007. Because results from the first beta are dependent on the outcomes of the second, you will not have your results before the second beta takes place. You are not obligated to re-take the beta, but choosing to do so may increase your chances of a passing result on the final scoring model, which will include additional components.

* If you take the second beta, your first results will be dismissed; you will only be scored on your second result. See below for how to participate.
    * If you do not take the second beta, you will receive a score for the exam you have already taken. If it is a passing score, you will receive credit for the exam on your transcript. No action required.
    * In either case, Microsoft will provide you with an exam voucher should you need or choose to re-take the exam in its live form.

MS's reply...
    Hello Glenn,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Beta Exam Voucher.

You can take anyone of these exams 70-621 or 70-622 or 70-623 or 70-624 using the below mentioned voucher code. This voucher code is valid upto September 30, 2007.

Voucher code: *removed*

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Sunil
    MCPHelp@microsoft.com
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning

Message received date: 5/28/07
    Original sender: dionysus22851@gmail.com
    Case ID: BIS-3893239

If you need any further assistance with this specific query, please reference the Case ID above when contacting us.

Original Message Excluded:

uh..... what?

Something tells me that Sunil didn't even read my email... I sent another email pointing out the fact that he/she/it overlooked the issue.

Note the "Original Message Excluded:". I wonder why it was removed....

One more like this and I'm gonna start getting nasty...
  • Options
    icon_sad.gif It's typically a Ms answer.

If you look up, you'll see my previous post, and my related email sent to MS.
    And like you, It's seem that we are writting to some robot, answering to our email without taking times to read it.
    I Think, it's should work by KEYWORDS, like, "Voucher", "Exam", ...... icon_cry.gif

PS: For the moment, I'm already with the Status "Taken" in my Prometric Transcript....any news here ???
  • Options
    nope, my Vue still says Taken.

let's start spamming Trikah at trikah@microsoft.com...
  • Options
    Be smiling icon_lol.gifDionysus ,

It's seems that the MS reply you received was wrong...

Trika's blog resume says: If you heard from the Regional Service Center that you would not receive a score from the first beta, that is INCORRECT. We are following up with our worldwide contacts to make sure RSCs are providing correct info to you when you call.

Hello Glenn,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Beta Exam Results.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

As you took the first Beta exam for exam 70-621, you won't be receiving the results for that exam, as that exam was being canceled and as per our records you were provided with a free exam voucher for exam 70-621 as well. Candidate's who took only first Beta exam won't get their results.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link to Trika's blog - it's good news! :D
  • Options
    Yeah, I got an email back from Trika with that link. Good news.

Why couldn't they just say that to begin with???

Oh, and the latest reply from the mcp help desk...
    Hello Dionysus,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Beta Exam.

We apologize for the inconvenience. It was said by the microsoft that if you do not take the second beta, you will receive a score for the exam you have already taken. If it is a passing score, you will receive credit for the exam on your transcript. Therefore in beta exams, you will only recieve the email from microsoft when you have passed the beta exam.

Shelly

This one didn't read far enough down the email to see what my name is... And again... ya didn't answer the question..

I think it's time to start screwing with these people... this could get fun...
    icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

I'll keep you updated...
  • Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi to all

I took my 1st beat 71-622 with Prometric like in Dec 2006. Then I register to sit for 2nd Beta of 71-622 with VUE this year. However, due to technical difficulties, the VUE exam center cannot let
    me sit for my second 71-622 exam (on the last day of the beat period), so I end up with a "No Show" on VUE web site for my 71-622.

So do you guys think I will still being scored based on my 1st 71-622, please let me know what you think.
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • Options
    I would think so. You did actually take the 1st one.

Wether or not you showed up for the second one shouldn't matter.
  • Options
    I'll say the same as Dionysus .

The score of the second Beta cancel the score of the first beta, but you didn't take it, so you don't have a new score to erase your first score.

And after all, I don't think that MS know about people who don't sit, they only get score from PROMETRIC or VUE when test are taken.

Wait and see... icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    My reply to MS
    So your saying that if I passed the exam, I won't get an email. But if I failed it I will.

Ok, I think I understand...

What if your riding through the desert in your speedboat, and your left-right-rear-front tire blows out? How many pancakes does it take to shingle a dog house?

Budda, Budda!

What if I ment to take the first exam, but I forgot.. but I did take the second one after the testing center was closed on Sunday before we left to hide the eggs?

Glenn

Thier reply to that mess...
    Hello Glenn,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Beta exam.

We understand the importance of this matter to you.

If you pass that exam,you will get an e-mail before it go live.However,if you fail in that exam you will not get any e-mail.

You may contact us toll free at 1-800-636-7544. Our offices are open Monday - Friday from 6:30am to 5:30pm Pacific Time.

Malkhan

Come on Malkhan... keep up...
  • Options
    lol.....nothing to says...poor Microsoft. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Still no News from Prometric.... icon_mad.gif
    I contacted Microsoft this Morning and a young lady inform me that the result should be given 6 to 8 weeks after the end of the beta exam period.
    The beta exam period end the 12 april, so tomorrow this will be the 8 week since the beta period ended....
    If the lady saying are right, we should have our result during those few days. icon_confused.gif

Still waiting...
  • Options
    pontfirebird73pontfirebird73 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also waiting for my results for the first beta (12/21/06) with vue.
  • Options
    Today I finally got the new cred - MCITP on my transcript, but still no MCTS. Will wait again for a few days before I contact the MS helpdesk again.

Sorry to hear that some people still haven't even had their results.

-ken