Options

expiration?

does this certification expire? if so how long is it good for?
Dustin Leefers

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I couldn't find anything on this, but neither could I find any information about recertification, so I guess it must be for life... like CompTIA certs.
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    I couldn't find anything either. I looked on their site for a good 30-45 mins for a detailed description of Objectives (which I found) and recertification. I am with the Webmaster...it must be permanent???
  • Options
    I dropped the question at www.cwne.com, they claim to respond within 24 hours :D
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Webmaster wrote:
    I dropped the question at www.cwne.com, they claim to respond within 24 hours :D

hear anything back? i'm still curious. i looked also couldn't find anything.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    No, I haven't heard anything yet... I guess the 24 hours is not actually 24 hours ;)
  • Options
    kevinatorkevinator Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gotta dig a little deeper...

cwne.com >> Certifications >> Exam Registration >> Recertification Policy (http://www.cwne.com/cwnp/recert_policy.html)

Basically, it's 2 years, then you can retake your current cert or move up the ladder towards CWNE.

kevinator
  • Options
    timharpurtimharpur Inactive Imported Users Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check their site. It states that a given cert is good for 2 years, during which time you must either retake the same test or the next higher level test. Whichever you choose, the cert is extended for another 2 years, until you reach the top of their training ladder by taking and passing their 4rth level test. If you pass the final 4rth level test you are certified for life.

Level 1: CWNA (2 years)
    Level 2: CWSP (extended 2 years)
    Level 3: CWAP (extended 2 years)
    Level 4: CWNE (life)
  • Options
    pretty_boypretty_boy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This recertification policy is effective as of April 1, 2003. Any persons who have earned the CWNA certification prior to this date must choose one of the options offered below for recertification before April 1, 2006.

Administrator Level (CWNA)

All CWNA certified individuals have 2 options for maintaining a valid CWNP certification. These options are as follows.

Retake the CWNA exam every 3 years. This makes sure your skills are up-to-date with the latest technology.
    Pass an advanced level certification (CWSP or CWAP) within 3 years of your CWNA certification.

For example if you passed your CWNA on January 1st 2003, you would either need to pass the exam again by January 1st, 2006, or pass an advanced level certification. If you pass an advanced level certification, that status is good for another 3 years (see below).

Professional Level (CWSP & CWAP)

All CWSP and CWAP certified individuals have 2 options for maintaining a valid CWNP certification. These options are as follows.

Retake the CWSP/CWAP exam every 3 years. This makes sure your skills are up-to-date with the latest technology.
    Pass CWNE within 3 years of earning both your CWSP and CWAP certifications.

For example if you passed your CWSP on January 1st 2004, you would need to pass the exam again by January 1st, 2007.

NOTE: In order to be eligible to take the CWNE exam, which is a practical exam, you must pass all other current CWNP exams: CWNA, CWSP, CWAP.

Expert Level (CWNE)

CWNE's do not need to recertify. Once you have earned the CWNE certification, your CWNE certification is valid for life.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    This thread is from November 2003. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    pretty_boypretty_boy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So why are you replying, if this is such on thread for me to reply. It sound like the cat is calling the kettle black. icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    /usr wrote:
    This thread is from November 2003. icon_lol.gif

Boy, I wondered where this thread came from and how it grew so fast before I saw it!! icon_eek.gif

And yes, three years is the renewal period for each CWNE exam. And basically you only need to renew the last exam that you passed.