Options

AD Auditing

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any suggestions for software to use to audit an AD?
With features like report generation etc all the usual stuff?
preferably free (if possible) but all suggestions welcome!

thanks for the help
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    I assume 'AD' is Active Directory?

You can enable logging options in a Group Policy, then just use EventCombMT to parse through the logs when needed. Be careful of what you are logging, the logs can fill up fast!
  • Options
    hi,

Yes i meant active directory. i know of what you mentioned but i am looking for something a little more advanced. ive looked at enterprise software and it gets very pricey. i was just wondering because auditing is a big thing at the place i work but we dont have thousands of £'s to spend on the stuff! even if anyone knows of anything payed for relatively cheapish as i dont have much cash to spend?

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    thanks for that icroyal.

ive already had a look at that and its just what im looking for but sadly out of the price range. think it works out to $12 a user! which rolls into the thousands for us!

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wonder if Nagios has any AD plugins? I can't imagine it would be the best solution, but if they had something it might be worth checking out. (Free)

http://nagios.org/about/
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Robert LealRobert Leal Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was browsing through some old topics and found this one. I hope my suggestion will be useful.

One can try active administrator for active directory audititing.
    I had some experience with this solution on my previous work - it did the job quite well.
    As I remember, we had some daily reports scheduled about the most important events that were sent to e-mail.
    If I'm not wrong, this tool also included an ability to track the changes in Live mode - as soon as they occur.
    Regards, Robert