Options

Passed Net+ today

snapdownnsnapdownn Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I scored a 670. I studied for about 3 days using Network+ by Sybex and crammed with the tech notes from this site. I've had about 3 years of hands on, which i think got me through most of it. This is my first cert, any tips on the next one i should go for? I was thinking about the a+ and security+.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

In addition to the A+ and Security+ you might want to consider the MCP -- and then on to the MCSA. Depending on where you are at now, if there are some Cisco opportunities, you might want to consider the CCNA.

Decide where you want to go and pick something that will get you there.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass :D , i think your choice of next cert should depend on which path you wish to follow, i personally am going down the networking route so after n+ will be CCNA
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats...A+ and Security+ are good entry level cert for you to get, this way you can get some exposure and decide what path you may want to take.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Well Done! icon_cool.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great going :) I am taking my Network Plus again in June. Any suggestions ?
    I have Robert J. Shimonski, Laura E. Hunter Exam Cram Book and I just got the Mike Myers Seconed Edition Passport book today plus this site tech notes.
    I have been studying for a-while. I hope I pass.

Patrick
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    snapdownnsnapdownn Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. For those of you that haven't taken the test I'd know your port numbers and cable lengths. I had about 5 questions with those. Know nbstat, tracert, netstat, ping, etc. I had about 8 questions about them. A couple questions about yagi and omni wireless. I wish I could pin point more, but not one area dominated the other. I had a tricky question about link lights. Also, I a tricky question concerning the steps to trouble shoot.
    Patrick if I were you I would just study hard for a week then take the test, especially if you have taken it before and have been cramming for awhile now. Don't let your nerves get the better of you. :D
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    A little late but Congrats!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I agree with everyone else. I would definitely do the A+ and perhaps the Security+ to get that foundational knowledge. This is what is usually always recommended which includes my recommendation as well. After doing the A+ and maybe the Security+, like Mike said, you'll then have to decide which type of networking you would like to do. The Microsoft side of networking or the Cisco side of networking.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks