Options

Passed SNRS 642-502

opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
well, scored 860...passing is 860... Then again, my struggles with VPN continues...VPN kicked my behind on SNPA and SNRS exams.

I have left CSVPN and IPS.....not sure which exam to go after next? open to ideas.

Anyone can recommend a good VPN reading?

opers13

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

If they haven't changed the exam much since the "old days" -- I used the Cisco Press Exam Certification Guide and the real hardware.

The Complete Cisco VPN Configuration Guide is "recommended" on the Cisco Press web site. I think that book came out a month or two before I did the exam, so it wasn't on the recommended list when I bought my CCSP books. So I didn't use it for the CCSP/CSVPN -- but I do like it and I've read it for CCIE Security Lab study. If the thickness of the book scares you , just remember the book is about 1/4 inch shorter than the regular hard cover Cisco Press books -- so it has to be thicker to include the same amount of information as the skinnier taller books. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
    Congrats Opers icon_thumright.gif

I have bought both, The Complete Cisco VPN Configuration Guide and the official study guide. The first is by far the best. Good luck !