IE Service Provider

thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
I currently work for a major ISP supporting hardware such as 10720, 12416, CMTS (7246,10012)
and taking care of a local oc-48 srp ring as well as a 10 gig wan circuit. Just wanted some input from anyone that has taken this test as i hope to start studying for it.
Switches are bridges on steroids!

Comments

• NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    if you don't mind me asking, how long have you been working in the field?
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    i got this job back in december. Prior to this i would do tech support over the phone lol. The first month was like one big bootcamp. It was crazy cause i would just study on my own at home... but now im in charge of a pretty large production network. In other words i dont have a life :)
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    i got this job back in december. Prior to this i would do tech support over the phone lol. The first month was like one big bootcamp. It was crazy cause i would just study on my own at home... but now im in charge of a pretty large production network. In other words i dont have a life :)

WOW... LUCKY!
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Juggling the R&S & Security Labs is enough for now, so I'm waiting until I clear one of those off my dance card before I worry about that new combined CCIE SP Written Exam. But since there are limited testing locations and seats for the SP Lab exam, it does make sense to do it sooner, rather than later, if you think you'd be lab ready within the next 6 months.

First person to pass the SP written has to post if the labs are book out 5 or 6 months.... and if there are any close in dates (cancellations) available.....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    mikej412 wrote:
    Juggling the R&S & Security Labs is enough for now, so I'm waiting until I clear one of those off my dance card before I worry about that new combined CCIE SP Written Exam. But since there are limited testing locations and seats for the SP Lab exam, it does make sense to do it sooner, rather than later, if you think you'd be lab ready within the next 6 months.

First person to pass the SP written has to post if the labs are book out 5 or 6 months.... and if there are any close in dates (cancellations) available.....

Not sure which path i should take, but either way i think i should get CCIP. That would help greatly with my current position. Hows R&S coming along? Seems theres a very limited # of CCIE SP.

Have you ever worked with the hardware i listed? Not sure if i should lean towards R&S more or SP. I also want to get started on my juniper studies. But at the moment im concentrating on unix scripting. Thx
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The CCIP is good prep for the SP Lab. Since I "over studied" for the CCIP I did cover a bunch of stuff that wasn't tested in the CCIP exams but is in the SP Lab.

Since I have worked through the SP Lab stuff once already.... hopefully the R&S Multicast will be a no-brainer after the SP ISP Multicast stuff. icon_lol.gif

The new CCNP is doing the intro MPLS stuff.... and the new CCIE Written V3 Exam is adding MPLS and IPv6.

Even when they had the multiple SP Written tracks, everyone took (and still takes) the same SP Lab exam covering the core of the ISP network. It looks like you can do it all on Dynamips/Dynagen since there is no major switching stuff.... or optical, dsl, cable, dial, metro Ethernet, etc.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!