qos- update passed

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
i just returned from a mind blowing qos class last week and now thinking on taking the test. i was about 1/2 done with the implementing cisco qos book before taking this class. I have completed nugget vid, finished the section in the IE written book and was about 1/2 through knet.. i plan on finishing that cbt as well

will i need another book or will this be enough?

I was thinking on trying to force myself to read E-E qos net design sleeping.gif
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi Keenon,

Just wanted the point out Ed's topic in which includes some relevant comments about the Cisco Press book: www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16348
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks, well its good to be back icon_lol.gif

I checked that link out and will be making good use of the info
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You're welcome, and good to see your back :D
    update.. going to take test in an hour.. its been since last year since i have taken a test.. been a while since i have the jitters icon_bounce.gif
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck, it's like riding a bike icon_wink.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
    i passed test with 928.. i was concerned about this one i have been studying consistanly for the past 4 months but off and on since decemeber.. whewww icon_exclaim.gif time study for next test
  • tmlerdaltmlerdal Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I've been slowly working through the Cisco Press book, and fortunately been getting lots of practice at work.

I'm about half way through the book right now, and have the student guide from the course to go through as well. Got any additional tidbits? How was it compared to some of the other tests?
    well, heres my list of stuff used for this exam:

cbt nuggets.. he explains stuff well but its missing a few sections on some important areas

knet.. very good solid info it complements the nuggets filling in the "missing areas" use the sample tests

implementing cisco qos.. i used this book its not the cert guide either but the compressed down version about 300 pages

cisco end to end qos.... super thick book thicker than the IE written i pieced topics and chapters from this book solid design book

cisco website .. they have a srnd doc about 6 chapters that is very much worth reading if not printing a copy for safe desk keeping

global knowledge .. i had there cbt and took the class back in may.. some classes are worth taking and this is one of them icon_wink.gif

work and rack time
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Keenon! When you are Sr. Network Engineer and you need a good junior engineer, don't forget my number. I would gladly work under you!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    tmlerdal wrote:
    How was it compared to some of the other tests?

o, i didn't answer your question.. this was a fair test in comparison to the others i still think bcmsn-811 was by far the hardest test i have taken to date and snd-551 was a total give away icon_wink.gif
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Nice job big K. Time for some BGP! :D
  • tmlerdaltmlerdal Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    woohoo...time to celebrate. Just passed QoS with a 952. I'm still laughing though. The test center is at a community college, and they had started downloading the test early this morning. Then a class came in that is beta testing a game in England, and the downloaded slowed way down. Couldn't help but laugh inside.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!