Options

Passed today...

mrjawbonesmrjawbones Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
...with an 860. It was tough, no doubt, but I thought it was a fair exam overall. I felt like I was well prepared going into it this morning, but I was getting nervous about a third of the way through it because I got several questions in a row with vague wording that, in my opinion, left too much open to interpretation and I kept having the urge to second guess myself. After that though I started to settle down a bit and by the end, I was pretty confident that I'd passed it.

I have to give credit to these forums, you guys are great...I think alot of the good advice I've taken away from here made a big difference. For those about to take this exam, PLEASE (and I can't stress this enough) know your DNS inside and out! Lots of DNS...then RRAS, DHCP, & WSUS...in that order. I had 46 questions w/ 4 sims. In preparing for this exam I took the MOC and then used MeasureUp (mostly) and a little Transcender for the practice.

Think I'll take this week off and then I'll have my sights set on the 299 and the Sec+ to get the security specialization.
WIP: CEH
Next: CCNA

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

Comments

• Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Congratulations ! :D
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Good job!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats - Nice Score!

Do you have a lot of real world experience with the topics? I've heard that the MOC courses alone are not sufficient for the info on this exam (and other MS exams) icon_scratch.gif

Either way, good work!
  • Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    congratulations.
    :D

You deserver it.

what is your next stop?

MCSE?
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Options
    tweakingittweakingit Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats Great score
  • Options
    dojodojo Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice Score, :D

On my way to the MCSA highway!!
  • Options
    mrjawbonesmrjawbones Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JdotQ wrote:
    Congrats - Nice Score!

Do you have a lot of real world experience with the topics? I've heard that the MOC courses alone are not sufficient for the info on this exam (and other MS exams) icon_scratch.gif

Either way, good work!

I do have a good deal of experience with most of the topics...RRAS not so much, but DNS, DHCP, & WSUS quite a bit. I think you heard correctly about the MOC not being sufficient by itself to prepare you for the exam. In fact, the instructor I had for the MOC actually made that point on the first day. I'm sure it's not impossible to pass this exam without real world experience, but it is extremely helpful.
    WIP: CEH
    Next: CCNA

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.