Options

Laptop question

mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
Does anyone know how to increase the brilliancy of a laptop screen when it is running on the battery?
Working on Linux+

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can't you just FUNCTION+Brightness button?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    There might also be a BIOS feature that controls this. Some laptops BIOS has it to where you can adjust components run at max when using just battery power.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Yes, the laptop's CMOS menu will have "on battery" and "on line-power" settings. You need to change the "on battery" settings to allow the screen to have a greater maximum brightness, or not to dim the screen after N minutes.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    For windows check under Control Panel > power options

you can set processor speed, screen brightness, etc.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin

Really? In what version of Windows? Windows XP Pro only has turn off monitor and hard disks and when to perform a system standby.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    JDMurray wrote:

Really? In what version of Windows? Windows XP Pro only has turn off monitor and hard disks and when to perform a system standby.

I'd like to find this in a MACBook too. I try to keep the brightness to a minimum, but lately just cannot seem to get enough contrast when outside (obviously being outside is the problem).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Thanks for the replied everybody...I'll have to check out the BIOS.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If the screen is getter dimmer and no one is changing the settings, it can be a sign that the screen is starting to fail. My screen failed a few weeks ago and when I replaced it, I was suprised at how much brighter is was, both on and off battery.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Found it in the BIOS...thanks again people.

ajs1976 wrote:
    If the screen is getter dimmer and no one is changing the settings, it can be a sign that the screen is starting to fail. My screen failed a few weeks ago and when I replaced it, I was suprised at how much brighter is was, both on and off battery.

It's a brand new laptop, so I new that wasn't the issue. I just wasn't sure of how to make the changes.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just remember the screen getting darker but I was able to just turn it right back up again.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!