toshiba bios password?

dubbs112dubbs112 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
My plant manager came in today with a Toshiba Satellite A135-2246 laptop. Somehow his wife set a bios password and now they cant access the laptop.

i have been researching this all day for a chance for some brownie points and cant find anything. The laptop does not have a parallel port and only has a cd/dvd rom.

It is running vista basic.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Comments

• georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    A quick Google of "TOSHIBA PASSWORD BIOS RESET" came up with this....

KeyDisk will reset the BIOS password on Toshiba laptops.
    KeyDisk is available at http://www.cgsecurity.org/keydisk.exe

Most Toshiba laptops can be convinced to boot without their power-on BIOS password by attaching a dongle to the serial port which crosses a number of the pins. The pin out is:

Pins
    1-5-10
    2-11
    3-17
    4-12
    6-16
    7-13
    8-14
    9-15

Some Toshiba's can be convinced to bypass the startup BIOS password if you hold down the <LEFT-SHIFT> key while booting the system.
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • dubbs112dubbs112 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah i read through all that, there was a typo it is actually a dongle for a parallel port thats why it references more than 15 pins.

Also a lack of a floppy and an inability to get into the bios to change the boot sequence to maybe use a usb floppy is making things very difficult.

Thanks for the input though I just admitted defeat and he is going to call toshiba tech support and probably have to send in the computer.

you win some you lose some....