Options

Passed 70-270

tampabayboytampabayboy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-270 exam yesterday with a score of 747. The test was not as easy as some people make it out to be. For me, it wasn’t because the test material was that difficult but because the test was so long and the questions were so wordy. I ended up getting 58 questions, all of which seemed to be at least a paragraph or two and contained totally irrelevant information. Here is a quick example:

** You are the desktop support technician of a fortune 500 company. You enjoy playing solitaire during your lunch hour. Bob works in the graphics department and drives a yellow VW bus that he restored himself. Bob recently had a new install of Windows XP and needs icons on his desktop. How do you add the my computer icon to Bob’s desktop. **

Please just cut to the chase and ask the question.

Other than that, I’m just glad that I passed.

Is the 70-290 test any better as far as being more direct with how the questions are worded?

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Oh, and please don't post exact test questions as it violates the NDA - I'm pretty sure that question is verbatum - wasn't it number 14? Although I guess you left out the part about what they ate for lunch the day before he needed the desktop icon, so I'll let it slide this time. icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    tampabayboytampabayboy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

- wasn't it number 14? Although I guess you left out the part about what they ate for lunch the day before he needed the desktop icon, so I'll let it slide this time. icon_lol.gif

You're right but I didn't want to give the entire question away. icon_lol.gif
    Thanks for letting me get away with this one!
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Congrats ! And btw, yes the 290 questions are also wordy, same as 270 if not more

Doom969
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats for passing!

Yep. Forget direct and get ready for more wordy on the 70-290.
    Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks