packet generating software

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
i'm looking for some packet generating software for Qos lab testing. I wanted to know if anyone knows of some decent software.
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/packit/

Packit (Packet toolkit) is a network auditing tool. Its value is derived from its ability to customize, inject, monitor, and manipulate IP traffic. By allowing you to define (spoof) nearly all TCP, UDP, ICMP, IP, ARP, RARP, and Ethernet header options, Packit can be useful in testing firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, port scanning, simulating network traffic, and general TCP/IP auditing. Packit is also an excellent tool for learning TCP/IP.

That will probably do what you need.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks for the reply.. now i need to get a linux box icon_lol.gif
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Hmm, I cant think of anything off the top of my head that will do that in windows.

Linux is great to know anyway so get an old Pentium II or vmware and start playing.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thats not a prob i have a couple of old pcs that i need to rebuild anyway.. thanks for the info
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Keenon

These are some of the ones I use, I got them with the Cacetechnologies U3 Network Toolkit, but they are all free, most require Winpcap to be installed

D-ITG advanced traffic generator - able to generate TCP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, Telnet and VoIP traffic.

Network Packet Generator - a packet injector that uses WinPcap to send specific packets out of a single or multiple network interfaces.

SIPp= a test tool/traffic generator for the SIP protocol.

ttcp simple TCP and UDP Test utility, designed to test the performance of a network link.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin