Options

70-620 training kit and eval software

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
I ordered the MS Press book because according to the amazon website it was supposed to include an eval of Vista, while the Sybex book has a simulator. I got the book today and I don't see any eval software with it.

Is there an eval on the MS website? I haven't been able to find one yet.
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    That's weird, it does clearly list "Evaluation version of Windows Vista" icon_confused.gif The MSpress site doesn't list it so it seems to be an error of Amazon. I'm not aware of any eval version of Vista.
  • Options
    I emailed MS Press, but haven't gotten a response yet. Not expecting one until next week.

The only thing I could find was a pre-configured VHD file, but that will not help me with the installation excercises. If I can't find one, I have a copy of Beta 3 I can use.
    Andy

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sounds like the person who submitted it made an incorrect assumption. If the VHD is what they mean with evalution version they should clearly mention it as they do for other products. Ie. many of the newer Microsft products can be downloaded as an evaluation version 'or' a VHD. And since Installing Windows Vista is a major exam topic / skill being measured, it's a big difference.

btw, I'll be posting my first Windows Vista 70-620 TechNotes this week, about 10 pages covering the 'Installing and Upgrading Windows Vista' domain.
  • Options
    The VHD is from the Microsoft website and was not included with the book.
    Andy