Options

PIX certs

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
Hi,

I would like to round off my PIX experience with appropriate examinations. Are these part of the CCSP these days? Any recommended books for the appropriate PIX exams would be helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    Securing Networks with PIX and ASA (SNPA) exam is part os the CCSP track.

642-523 SNPA
    Available 6/1/07
    OR
    642-522 SNPA
    Last day to test 10/13/07

I used CCSP flash cards and Cisco ASA and PIX Firewall handbook.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The official study guide, latest edition only the old ones is kinda crap, is pretty good when coupled with the flash cards. The handbook is superb but will cover more than the exam topics, not a bad thing but it depends on how much time you have. Another great resource is "The Complete Cisco VPN Configuration Guide" by Richard Deal. You can stick to the dedicated section on PIX/ASA vpn functions but it covers Routers and VPN 3Ks aswell and has to be one of the best written technical books I've ever read, it was actually a pleasure to go through.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    Good stuff to know,

however,

I have a pix emulator and plan on getting a pix for my lab, do I also need to get an ASA? I would like to avoid this because of cost.

I used ASA's some at work, but use PIX's much more.
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.