Going for the network+ next week...

thorton84thorton84 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been studying off and on, this weekend I am really cramming with my flash cards studying the ports, switches, and the osi model but does anyone have a link to show the output commands for unix/linux, windows, and other utilities? Any information will really help, thanks guys!

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thorton84 wrote:
    I have been studying off and on, this weekend I am really cramming with my flash cards studying the ports, switches, and the osi model but does anyone have a link to show the output commands for unix/linux, windows, and other utilities? Any information will really help, thanks guys!

suprisingly, I was hit with a few detailed novell questions, and 2 off the wall Appletalk questions.

Id get the general knowledge on that also. This was late april so its pretty recent.

read the technotes on this site, and that should also help alot (always does for me)

good luck and godspeed! :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • thorton84thorton84 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    thorton84 wrote:

suprisingly, I was hit with a few detailed novell questions, and 2 off the wall Appletalk questions.

Id get the general knowledge on that also. This was late april so its pretty recent.

read the technotes on this site, and that should also help alot (always does for me)

good luck and godspeed! :D

Thanks snadam! I skimmed over the appletalk section in my book saying "haha they would never ask any questions on that" so I am very glad you told me!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thorton84 wrote:

Thanks snadam! I skimmed over the appletalk section in my book saying "haha they would never ask any questions on that" so I am very glad you told me!

I think I was one of those "fortunate" ones who got a few. I hear most people dont see novell and appletalk technologies on thier net+ at all. but its always something to look out for
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    snadam wrote:
    thorton84 wrote:

I think I was one of those "fortunate" ones who got a few. I hear most people dont see novell and appletalk technologies on thier net+ at all. but its always something to look out for

Follow what is covered in the objectives. It's impossible for the exam to cover 100% of the objectives for every candidate's exam, but the questions can be taken from any part of the objectives to keep it random.

Just good to know as you'll never know what you will see in the field...even today. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got nailed with a few novell, appletalk and linux questions. The main kicker though is remembering all those nasty fiber connectors, lengths, and speeds. I must of gotten about 10 of those.
    All things are possible, only believe.