Options

how can connect router and broadband connection..?

bipinkpeterbipinkpeter Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello..

I am just completed my ccna but i have some doubt if guess i have cisco2500 series router and airtel broadband connection..then
how can i connect router and internet.which port i can use to this purpose..?

pls advice me.....

regards Bipin

Comments

• Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    you have a CCNA but aren't capable of connecting a router to the internet? perhaps you should start reviewing the CCNA material starting with day 1 of INTRO... sorry to be kind of harsh...

oh, if you replace your current home router with a cisco 2500 you may have to call your ISP to register the MAC address on your cisco router with them...
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Well, I'm not familiar with the Cisco product, but insn't there a WAN or uplink port?

From a Linksys Cable modem I merely connected the port from this device to the Linksys Router and had Internet access to all my systems. Perhaps review the Cisco site?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Hello..

I am just completed my ccna but i have some doubt if guess i have cisco2500 series router and airtel broadband connection..then
    how can i connect router and internet.which port i can use to this purpose..?

pls advice me.....

regards Bipin

bipinkpeter,

Which specific model of the Cisco 2500 series router do you have?