Options

Questions regarding Case Study format

I looked on Microsoft's FAQ website regarding the Case Study format and even downloaded their Demo.... However I still have concerns.

As some may know, I've been preparing for the 70-219 exam to complete my MCSE. I've used the Demo from Transcenders and I bought a book from Sybex and one from Syngress... The Syngress book came with a CD with some 2 Case Study style questions.

Anyway, my question is this (And please let me know if I'm overstepping my boundaries by asking the following) Will I have the ability during the exam to read the questions first then go back and read the case study? I realize that there is probably going to be more than just 1 case study and I may not be able to go back to a case study....

I just think it would be easier to read the questions, jot down some quick notes on the scrap paper and then go back and have a better idea on what to watch out for as I read the study....

I do plan on sitting this exam in the next week or 2.

So, any other tips on this type of format are welcome.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    On 70-219, you'll get 4 case studies. Think of each case study as a mini exam within itself. To answer your question directly, yes you can go back and read all of the case study interviews and exhibits as many times as you want while you are on THAT particular case study. You can also mark questions and go back to review questions on THAT case study.

But...

Once you finish a case study and go on to the next case study, you cannot go back to a previous case study or review previous case study questions/answers.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Thank you!

I think that pretty much answers my questions about the exam format.... I hope it does not feel too weird testing in that format!
  • Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    I'd practice a few first so that you are not completely shocked re: the format.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+