Options

Failed by 20 pnts!

remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
Sadly I failed. I was so nervous to take the damn thing I forgot to finish part of my first simulation questions... I bet I would have passed if I wasn't as nervous. Well I should do better next time!

Planning & Designing 75%
Implementation & Operation 91%
Troubleshooting 77%
Technology 53%
Score: 821 icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    you can't get better practice tha the real thing though. Chalk this one off as a practice run, hit the topics that made you uncomfortable on the test. Take some alprazolam before the test or meditate..J/k don't do that. Take it again asap. It happens to the best of us, so don't get down on yourself. Second time around you know what to expect so you won't be as nervous.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    What does the tech portion cover? I probably need to review that.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The tech portion tends to account for your lab sim and simlet type of questions, since they're geared towards hands-on experience and actually working with the (simulated) equipment. It also involves knowledge of the physical hardware, and things like "what type of cable do you use when connecting x to y?" questions.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    remerolle wrote:
    Sadly I failed. I was so nervous to take the damn thing I forgot to read the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement <moderated>... I bet I would have passed if I wasn't as nervous. Well I should do better next time!

Planning & Designing 75%
    Troubleshooting 77%
    Technology 53%

icon_eek.gif I didn't see it, did u see it? icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Netstudent wrote:
    remerolle wrote:
    Sadly I failed. I was so nervous to take the damn thing I forgot to read the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement <moderated>... I bet I would have passed if I wasn't as nervous. Well I should do better next time!

Planning & Designing 75%
    Troubleshooting 77%
    Technology 53%

icon_eek.gif I didn't see it, did u see it? icon_lol.gif
    See what? icon_mrgreen.gif
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • Options
    My fault, I didn't think that was breaking it per say. Anyways if that is the reason why I failed my exam, the sim portion, I should do much better next time. My original studying for this exam was in Data Communications Lab taught by one of th contributors to the next edition of the official CCNA books. I had to pass a practical which was much much more difficult than the CCNA. Hopefully these nerves of mine are gone in the next exam. I'll probably remote into my college's Cisco pod/rack till I take it again. How much studying would you guys think I needed to pass the Network+ after this? Is there that much of a difference? I mean I have the OSI model down as well as can be, and I have heard that is a huge portion of the test. Thanks for the support and encouragement!
  • Options
    Don't regress by taking the net+

Progress to CCDA or CCNP

If you have CCNA then net+ level knowledge is a given.

Having the Net+ after CCNA will not benefit you in anyway.

OR take another type of cert like MS or CompTIA to broaden your split horizons..did I say that?