Passssssssed Today 898

impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi everybody:

I passed today with 898

Plaining and Designing 91%
Implementation and Operation 83%
Trableshooting 83%
Technology 84%

I studied for 7 and half month by my self. I used Sybex, Dynamips, Boson and simulator exams.

I almost run out of time. I got two simulators. Somebody in this forum recomend me to review subnetting, I did and it was excelent idea, today in the morning after breakfast I rechecked in the last minute 20 more subnetting questions.

Now I do not know where to go, I am not working with Cisco Right now so I do not want to go up until (CCNP) until I get exp. I have some exp with Servers and computers, telecommunication too. I am not working right now. So what do you recommend me, go for A+ or MCSA.

Raul
Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

Comments

• Options
    Paul#4Paul#4 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! :) Good score!

It depends on what you want to do. If you have zero experience take whatever comes along.

If you want to do network engineering or work for a telco(NOC position maybe) go for the CCNP.

It all depends on your career goals.

I say go for the CCNP if you have telecommunications experience. You should be able to find a NOC position with CCNP.

Good luck
    Gimme gimme gimme
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS! So was it what you expected? harder? easier?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Congrats!!! icon_bounce.gif
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I'd say go for a job that lets you use your CCNA skills..... but if you're still trying to break into the IT field, then the MCSA (along with the CCNA) will help open more entry level doors.

I'm not sure where the electives come in on the Microsoft certs -- but with just a little study you should be able to knock out the Network+. Add the A+ to that and I think you get some MS brownie points toward their certs. Plus you cover all the entry-level certifications which should maximize your future opportunities.

Maybe target that first MS exam for the MCP while hunting for an elusive entry level CCNA position.

Good Luck! :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. If you're thinking about getting into doing Cisco work, start looking now. I work in a NOC, and only the Sr. Network Engineer is CCNP certified, the rest of us are either CCNA's or we're working on CCNA. I'd say that looking at something like the Microsoft path isn't a bad idea, neither is looking at Linux/Unix, (even if it's only Linux+ or LPIC-1), to round yourself out a little bit. Of course, if you're thinking about doing a Microsoft cert, you might want to hang tight until the fall, when the new MCITP exams launch for Windows Server 2008.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Slowhand wrote:
    Of course, if you're thinking about doing a Microsoft cert, you might want to hang tight until the fall, when the new MCITP exams launch for Windows Server 2008.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm working on this: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-620.mspx in the meantime.
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • Options
    kurunjikkurunjik Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats DR ;)
    K Kurunji Kumaran
  • Options
    jvaxjvax Member Posts: 117
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratz, bet your grinning from ear to ear :)
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Good work! :)
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats, well done on your pass :)

-ken
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Well done icon_cool.gif
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.