Computer Tool Kit

ChadaeChadae Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, It will be 6 months since I got my first IT support job :D {yipee} anyways I dont have a pc tool kit as yet. My company will be paying for one to be sent to me. I will also be taking it home with me to do weekend jobs as well--but may get my own set. Any recommendations on a good pc tool kit??

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    This should be enough to get you started. You could also go for a POST-card kit, but they're not cheap. If you are in US, you can get the kit below at CompUSA, $49.99

3-Way Ratchet Driver With Storage
    Hollow Star Bits: T-8H, T-10H, T-15H, T-20H, T-25H, T-27H, T-30H, T-35H, T-40H
    Hex Key Set: 5/64", 3/32", 7/64", 1/8", 9/64", 5/32"
    Metric Hex Key:2MM, 2.5MM, 3MM, 4MM, 5MM, 6MM
    Spanner Set: 4,6, 8, 10
    Tri-Wing Set: 1, 2, 3, 4
    Torque Set: 6, 8, 10
    Solid Star Bits: T-8, T-10, T-15, T-20, T-27
    #1 Pozidriver Bit
    #4 and #6 Slotted Bits
    #1 Philips Bit
    Square Bits: 50, 51, 52, 53
    Nutdriver Socket Adapter
    Bit Holder
    5-Piece Nutdriver Set: 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 11/32", 3/8"
    5-Piece Metric Nutdriver Set: 6MM, 7MM, 8MM, 9MM, 10MM
    Tweezers
    Pen Knife
    Needle Nose Pliers
    Diagonal Cutting Pliers
    6-Piece Precision Screwdriver Set
    Insulated Chip Extractor
    3-Pronged Parts Retriever
    Magnetic Telescoping Pick Up Tool
    Electric Voltage Tester
    Anodized Flashlight(2 Batteries Included)
    Wire Strippers
    Deluxe Wire Strippers
    PC Board Brush
    Electrical PVC Tape
    UL Listed Soldering Rod
    Solder Remover
    Coil Resin-Core Solder in Container
    Metal Hammer With Rubber Head and Handle
    9 Allen Wrenches
    Mini Vacuum Cleaner With Attachments
    24 Insulated and 24 Non-Insulated Terminal Attachments
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • ChadaeChadae Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WOW!! This is looks like more than i will need for a long time!! Thanks Ricka182!! :D:D:D
    beerchug.gif
  • Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Wow...this is quite the toolkit. I just got a cheapy toolkit off of www.outpost.com. I think it ran me like $10.00 and haven't needed another part since.
  • spanishmoonspanishmoon Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    None of you has mentioned the sledge hammer, because there will be those days...
    SuCasa.jpg
  • Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Sledge Hammer is definitely a must have for an repair person! haha. Either that or be willing to administer a drop kick out the window!
    I almost used my sledgehammer today. Yesterday, I bought a M$ Wireless Optical Desktop. It's hard to believe, but the drivers are not compatible with WindowsXP ???? Huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. M$ can't make their own drivers. I even tried downloading the newest version from M$.com, and still, when I ran the program, I always got prompted to inform me I was trying to use un-signed drivers. I even spent three hours on the tele with them, to no avail; other than my cross-country phonebill!! stupid #$^&#$^!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, I have jumped ship, and after some configurations, am wickedly pleased with my new LOGITECH desktop set. This has so many features, I don't know what to do with them all. Plus, it was on sale for $30 less than M$.