Options

Sooooo relieved!!!

techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
A friend and I have been studying for this test since late 2006, off and on. We sat for it and both failed in February, I got a 636...arggg!!! Well today, I took my time. Wrote almost every question in short hand on the erase board they give to write on. Elminated as much tricky/stupid answers that they gave me. I studied with Transcender which helped me understand DNS better than the first time around. I ended up passing with a 840, then I had to wait on my friend to get out. He passed with a 740!!! Double slaying of the beast!!!

On to study up on the CCNA. Does anyone know if it would be worth it to finish MCSE with the 2008? certs coming out?

Thanks!!!
Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)

Comments

• Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Good Job!! Your persistence paid off!!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    techster79 wrote:
    Does anyone know if it would be worth it to finish MCSE with the 2008? certs coming out?

There is no MCSE for Server 2008. There will be MCTS/MCITP. Go to the Server 2008 forums to read more on the new certification process. As for which you server exams you should do, I'd definitely say finish your MCSE in 2003 and then upgrade to the Server 2008 series of exams.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    Ha ha ha! That's great! Congrats to both of you!

Definitely finish the 2003 track. I think you'll be satisfied that you did. Still plenty of time to finish it also.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, and congrats to your friend too. I think it's going to be worth it to finish up the MCSE track before 2008. Rumor has it that the MCSE on 2003 will allow you to go straight to the pro-level exams for the MCITP tracks that are coming out for Windows Server 2008. I'm planning on finishing the MCSE, myself, before the end of this year.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Rumor has it that the MCSE on 2003 will allow you to go straight to the pro-level exams for the MCITP tracks that are coming out for Windows Server 2008. I'm planning on finishing the MCSE, myself, before the end of this year.

You should go read the MCP site. None of the upgrade exams will allow you to get any of the MCITP exams. Upgrades will only allow you to get the MCTS certs.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats for the pass!

I too would say to finish the MCSE 2003. XP and Server 2003 will be used for a long time to come. Besides, as some have alread stated, Microsoft always has upgrade exams to new certs when a new system is introduced.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157