Options

need help!!!!

redbullredbull Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys

i m planning to give my CCNA exam next month.
i m just 16 years old

i have already learnt subnetting,binarysystem,osi model,topology system,tcp/ip modes.

i have the following questions

is CCNA the basic course in the field of networking?

i am a commerce student.so am i eligible to give CCNA considering that i m in the commerce field?

wud i get a job(even if it is the most basic 1) with only CCNA on my resume?

i wud really appreciate if u guys would answer my questions or even send the links to the answers!!!!

regards

Comments

• Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, while it would be great to have the basics from such a young age, it might be hard to land a job with just CCNA on your resume. These days experience counts, so it would be good to back that up with some kind of experience...even if it's volunteer work.

Also, even though CCNA is entry level for Cisco, I wouldn't call it the basic course in the networking field, however it does give you a basis for most of the networking technologies used today. It is more geared towards Cisco devices, however as you have already learned, you do learn stuff like subnetting, osi, binary, tcp/ip and so on, which are widely used...

But, if you do go thru with it, I'd say get some kind of experience under your belt if you looking for a job, not having can come back to bite you...

Just my 2 cents...

Ryan
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WHat do you mean you are a commerce student? Arn't you in High School? CCNA is an entry level certification geared towards the core of networking with Cisco equipment. As far as it being "the" basic course, i wouldn't say so. There are many certifications that will help you go in the direction you want to go in networking. It's very very difficult to get a CCNA type job without experience or without a degree. The CCNA could help you get a computer tech. job or help desk. But with only a CCNA and no experience and no degree don't expect to work with production routers and switches untill you get some kind of Tech. experience. Anyone is eligible to take the CCNA. It doesn't matter what kind of high school or college student you are. Just as long as you have the aptitude to retain the material and pass the test.

Anyways hope this answered some of your questions. Good luck!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    thanks for ur advice guys!!!!!

but wat kind of experience wud i need
    there must be a bottom level job i can get to obtain experience

again thanks
  • Options
    i m in 11th grade
    and 11th in India is jr college
    and i have taken commerce as my main subject