Can you take the 220-602 without 302?

johnson_samjohnson_sam Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi i have a few question.
i would like to know if i can take this 2006 test without passing the 302 or the 2003 test?
also ... i would like to know... :
1. is the 2006 test timed?
2. what test can you take at a time? ( can you take all 4 test at the same time)
3. How hard is the 2006 test?
4. whn can i take the test if i sign up today? is there a pritcular date?
any other info to this rookie will be helpfull!!!!
John Kosh

Comments

• remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ok:

1. Yes the 2006 test is timed...I do not know exactly how long though.
    2. You have to take 1 test at a time...You could take them back to back to back though.
    3. Some say the 2006 test is easier since it is updated and does not cover some older material
    4. You can sign up for the test whenever you want...the only issue with scheduling depends on your closest testing center.

Check these testing centers for a test site near you:

http://www.vue.com/

http://www.prometric.com/default.htm
  • flares2flares2 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Four tests??? I was under the impression that A+ 2006 was two tests. First the A+ Essentials (a mix of the old Hardware/OS I'm told) then your choice of one of three electives (the 602, 603, or 604) but not all of them.

Two tests, not four, right??
    Techexams.net - Job security for one more day.
  • remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is only two tests, he made it sound as though he wanted to take the four tests. You need the main 2006 A+ test passed and any one of the other 3 tests. I just said what he could do if he wanted. Oh and to answer the original question presented in the topic, the 302 counts towards the older A+ cert. You do not need the 302 to take the 602.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    First, welcome to the site.

Please note: There are Stickies and Announcements at the beginning of the forums that generally answer these type of questions. As this is your first post, I'll answer them for you this time.
    hi i have a few question.
    i would like to know if i can take this 2006 test without passing the 302 or the 2003 test?
    also ... i would like to know... :

You either need the 2003 objectives (ending June 30, 2007 .... this date was already extended from December 21, 2006...so NO it won't be extended. Complete the Core & OS exams by the June 30 date and you'll be A+ Certified.

You could just focus on the 2006 objectives. The required Essentials exam plus any 'one' of the three objectives. A total of two exams regardless of the objectives you follow.

1. is the 2006 test timed?
    Yes. Just about all the exams are 90 minutes...there are likely execptions, but CompTIA and most MS exams are 90 minutes....usually too much time, but the higher level exams you savor each minute.
    2. what test can you take at a time? ( can you take all 4 test at the same time)
    Only 2 exams for A+ not 4. And while you cannot schedule them both at the same time slot you may schedule them back-to-back (this is what I did, and if you finish early and the exam center isn't booked full...you may be able to begin the 2nd exam before your scheduled time....no guarantees).
    3. How hard is the 2006 test?
    You may download the objectives and judge the contents of the requirements for yourself. If I say it's 'easy', it may not be 'easy' for you. So, read the objectives and decide how well you know this material, then....take the exam...only way to truly know.
    4. whn can i take the test if i sign up today? is there a pritcular date?
    any other info to this rookie will be helpfull!!!!
    You'll want to check on either the VUE or Prometric sites. This information varies by the exam center and their schedule.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?