Options

*TechSims* CCNA [online router sim v0.3]

2»

Comments

• Options
    c-napc-nap Inactive Imported Users Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No, I understand you can't possibly re-write the whole IOS. Which why I appreciate how much you've done so far. It's a great start. I don't know if you've checked out what "wildfire" has done with his available rack. Might want to check it out for ideas... Too bad it's almost impossible to port over the entire IOS legally for training purposes.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yes, I'm aware if Wildfire's lab, I actually tried it out yesterday icon_cool.gif
    One of the first things that came to mind is creating a new TechSim with a switch in it (a 2950) ;)
    Too bad it's almost impossible to port over the entire IOS legally for training purposes.
    Yeah. I imagine a VMware option to install a Cisco router or switch...
  • Options
    Mr.NorwayMr.Norway Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Had fun playing with the sim :)
    Great work Webmaster
  • Options
    ChoWZaChoWZa Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I put the rip protocol on there but the show run did not reflect it.

Excellent work on this
  • Options
    davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just wanted to say thanks for the great work. I'm working on my CCNA, well I just started yesterday. I got the whole sim down the first time with no help :D Not too bad for someone that is just started this whole cisco thing. Anyway, Thanks again!!
  • Options
    learning_new_trickslearning_new_tricks Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I open the router sim page, the instructions say "click right from blue arrow". I don't have a blue arrow. I am running WinXP SP2, IE Do I need to download something else? icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif
    Old dog learning new tricks
  • Options
    When I open the router sim page, the instructions say "click right from blue arrow". I don't have a blue arrow. I am running WinXP SP2, IE Do I need to download something else? icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif
    The blue arrow is gone indeed. I guess I didn't remove it from the text. The point of it was to focus the cursor on the command line, which it should do automatically now. If it doesn't, just click on the bottom of the black portion of the screen and then press Enter.
  • Options
    I guess it was already kinda obvious for anyone who was interested in this, but the development of this sim has been discontinued, probably permanently. I would have liked to take this a couple of steps further, but mainly due to the lack of developing skills on my side and lack of budget to invest in having a 'free sim' developed. Maybe we'll try again in the future, but I figured it be better to finally remove the 'sticky' attribute from this topic. The currently available 'beta' TechSims will remain available from the Cisco menu on the left and the CCNA page.

On a more positive note, I will try to have our test engine changed to allow for some sim like practice questions, at least accept and check some command input.
  • Options
    spyke01spyke01 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi guys, im really new to cisco, im mainly a PHP programmer but wanted to learn cisco for my job

if learned a few shorthand commands, but can you guys give me some plain english explanations of:

router isis
    is-type level-1
    net
    ip router isis
    isis circuit-type level-1
    isis circuit-type level-2-only
    router rip
    ip classless
    ip subnet-zero

i know that this is probally asking alot, but i would really like to learn, i got a copy of the cbt nuggets disc called cisco ccie video practice lab, but the items in it are too complicated without a basis.

The 2 cisco techlabs are great, the are the best sim i have found sof far, and would like to continue to learn cisco using them
  • Options
    kobemkobem Inactive Imported Users Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey people , when i am in the step (enter the interface config. mode
    for first ethernet ...)

i write everything but still says command not supported

how do i solve this?
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Very cool!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well done. Great start to getting a simulator going on the forum.

Suggestion: Add a 2950 switch :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I have created these TechSims a long time ago, and well, they are fun a useful for a while, I think I mentioned earlier it's more a simulator of a simulator. The reason this topic is no longer a sticky, is because the developement of the TechSims has been discontinued. I.o.w. there won't be any new TechSims.

However, there's something that will replace the TechSims hopefully before the end of this year. That's all I'm going to say about it for now.
    Netwurk wrote:
    Add a 2950 switch
    Thanks for the suggestion, this has uhmm.. 'switched' my mind a couple of times.

icon_wm.gif = icon_silent.gif
  • Options
    ericsunkelericsunkel Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can't seem to use it. What is the Username and Password?
  • Options
    hassansheikhhassansheikh Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    However, there's something that will replace the TechSims hopefully before the end of this year. That's all I'm going to say about it for now.
    Make that 'before this summer'.... icon_bounce.gif
  • Options
    Faisal.mFaisal.m Inactive Imported Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

im a newbie to cisco. Im stuck on step 6, Assign ip addres 192.168.1.11 with 24 bits subnet mask. i typed:

ip address 192.168.1.11

Please help.......Thnx
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    add the subnet mask to the command

ip address 192.168.1.11 255.255.255.0
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Faisal.mFaisal.m Inactive Imported Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ok

Thanx dtlokee
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    no one has been here in awhile.... but i just tried out the sim.... pretty sweet
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
This discussion has been closed.