1st CCIE lab attempt blog and help for candidates.

Comments

• yuriz43yuriz43 Member Posts: 121
    Good to see you continue chugging along.

I've been reading some vendor neutral material. I finished Radia Pearlman's "Interconnections" and started reading 'TCP/IP Principles, protocols, and Architecture' by Dougles Comer. I plan to jump into Cisco Press Books again when I'm done.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hard week. Many meetings to work through new infrastructure and customer requirements and changes. Long hours and not a lot of studying going on.
    End of a long second week back at work. Exhausting. Studies have been smashed to bits. Expect to pick up a bit next week now Im a little on top of things
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Sounds like a rough week, I hope the next one is better for you :)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Sounds like a rough week, I hope the next one is better for you :)

Sure hope so. Friday night and doing major change until midnight. Tired and need catchup time with wife and kids.
    full on day at work. Meetings. Commute. Studies wiped out.
    Too many timeconsumers at work today to study. Network engineering works this evening..
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Too many timeconsumers at work today to study. Network engineering works this evening..

You're not doing anything around London Docklands are you? I *just* lost a couple of LES circuits which has scuppered my SAN replication, amongst other things, for the time being....... Come to think of it, I'll blame you anyway, easy target and all that ;)

On a more serious note, I'm still enjoying your updates - if anything its keeping me motivated! All the best sir.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
    too many customer requirements today. Studies wiped out.
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    You have to be one of the busiest people that I've met...lol. I hope to be there myself one day.
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
    jahsoul wrote: »
    You have to be one of the busiest people that I've met...lol. I hope to be there myself one day.

One of the benefits of being a Network Architect for an SP estate. Always things to do, decide to do, advice to give, questions to answer, platform research to do to provide a technical solution to a customer, expansions, migrations, new networks to design and build out and a thousand documents to produce and meetings to attend. They dont pay my salary to sit around doing practice labs all afternoon in the hope of one day having this job. Im already doing it.
    3 MPLS. Mnemosyne. A revisit of the MPLS scenarios in my flash card database.

QoS next.
    Another work till midnight. No studies possible.
    Too knackered to study today. Busy enough at work as well.
    A day with my wife and kids. No studies today.
    A million things to do with the family indoors today, plus bills, chores, repairs. Inbetween a glance at some QoS configurations I need to get my head around for work. Looking forward to getting back to work on Monday for a rest.

No studies today either.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Glad you're still kickin' Turgon!
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A million things to do with the family indoors today, plus bills, chores, repairs. Inbetween a glance at some QoS configurations I need to get my head around for work. Looking forward to getting back to work on Monday for a rest.

No studies today either.

I'm curious as to in which real-world environment you are creating a custom QoS for. I work in a mostly switching environment, and where we use VoIP we usually have decent bandwidth going over the wan (enough to have a pub/sub relationship between the sites). Seeing a good stream of packets of all types, I have not seen a real reason to implement QoS unless we wanted to make sure our VoIP was not marked as drop eligible. I'm wondering in what situations you would deem it needed to implement QoS.

Thanks =D
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
    its qos on an sp core. Back at work for a rest now. More qos ahead.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    its qos on an sp core. Back at work for a rest now. More qos ahead.

That makes sense. Must be some complex QoS involved then. Enjoy your, erm, 'break'.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
    Too many lengthy technical meetings today. No studies. Busy indoors with kids now.
    Meetings at work. MPLS design. NTP design. QoS design. Tooling to look at. DC refresh design. Home now with stuff to do indoors with the family. No studies today. Feeling unwell.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Feeling unwell.

That sucks. Hope you feel better soon
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
    Taking a day of work. Temperature, shivers and a sore throat. Symptoms of over working perhaps.
  • wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    Taking a day of work. Temperature, shivers and a sore throat. Symptoms of over working perhaps.
    Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Get better man! You do work a lot and having a family also takes its toll.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Get better man! You do work a lot and having a family also takes its toll.

Yeah. Once you have a CCIE level job dont expect anytime to prepare for exams.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Glad you're still kickin' Turgon!

Dude! Where have you been? You fell off the face of the earth for a while there.
    Yeah. Once you have a CCIE level job dont expect anytime to prepare for exams.

Yeah, I know. Also family might grow in the future so I'm doing all I can to get it done now and not later but we'll see what happens. I'm giving it my best.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
    Penicillin and painkillers for the sore throat. Shivers are under control. WFH today..
This discussion has been closed.