Options

How to merge....

luludevluludev Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi...alll.

Please help me out... i had completed 70-290,70-291 papers with pearson vue....
and got an mcp id....and now i had completed 70-270,70-284 with prometric....
...wht should i do now....to merge those exams to one mcp id....and get my
MCSA certification.....do help me out...
Regards
Lulu

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you've taken all the exams, you're an MCSA. Neither Vue nor Prometric holds on to the records, they send your test results to Microsoft. You can log into the MCP website with your MCP ID and a .NET Passport account (like a Hotmail account) to check your status.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    If you've taken all the exams, you're an MCSA. Neither Vue nor Prometric holds on to the records, they send your test results to Microsoft. You can log into the MCP website with your MCP ID and a .NET Passport account (like a Hotmail account) to check your status.

i had taken the last two exams with prometric....exam results are updated in their website...not in
    microsoft...i checked it out
    Regards
    Lulu
  • Options
    Then you need to contact the Prometric customer care department and find out why you're not in the system. How long ago did you take the tests?

• Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Then you need to contact the Prometric customer care department and find out why you're not in the system. How long ago did you take the tests?

exams ver on may 30th and 31st.....ie 3 days before
    Regards
    Lulu
  • Options
    actually prometric didnt take my microsoft id to register the last two exams...
    i fear that they will they provide me another microsoft id ..the mail id and the
    address is same what i had given to both pearson and prometric....
    Regards
    Lulu
  • Options
    You should get your records from both Vue and Prometric, and then contact Microsoft to make sure they have your name and information correctly entered. If there is a misspelling, they could have assumed that it was two different people testing. It's also possible that it's just taking a while for the system to update. Give it until Monday, check the MCP website to see if your records are updated yet. If they're not, contact Microsoft, since they have final say in what your status is.

• Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    You should get your records from both Vue and Prometric, and then contact Microsoft to make sure they have your name and information correctly entered. If there is a misspelling, they could have assumed that it was two different people testing. It's also possible that it's just taking a while for the system to update. Give it until Monday, check the MCP website to see if your records are updated yet. If they're not, contact Microsoft, since they have final say in what your status is.

Thanx for ur comment..but hw can i contact Microsoft
    Regards
    Lulu
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    See here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx then select your region. In your selected region you will see an e-mail address and/or telephone number. E-mail/ring the MCP helpdesk inform them of what's happened, also have all the exam result sheets from Vue & Prometric as most likely they will ask you questions on them (Candidate ID, Site ID, Reg, Validation Number, etc).

Hope this helps

-Ken
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    I had the same issue when I first started out. I contacted Microsoft with the number from the MCP site, gave them both of my MCP Id numbers, they combined them, and gave me the number to use.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    famosbrown wrote:
    I had the same issue when I first started out. I contacted Microsoft with the number from the MCP site, gave them both of my MCP Id numbers, they combined them, and gave me the number to use.

Same thing happened to me. I started off my certification tracks with Pearson and moved over to Prometric. Prometric never asked me for my MCP ID and when I passed an exam, I had a 2nd MCP ID. I called Microsoft and they moved the one exam from my newly obtained MCP ID to my already existing MCP ID. Eventually I switched back to Pearson VUE. The Prometric centers around here all run their monitors at 60hz which I cannot stand, not to mention when taking an exam.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I has a similar situation, when I passed the 70-218 exam I didn't get the MCSA 2000 but another MCP ID. Even got a new MCP cert. I either called prometric or mailed MCPhelp@microsoft.com to solve it.