First certification

renilcerymrenilcerym Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today I took the A+ essentials and the A+ IT Technician exam and scored a 825 and 840. I have a question for those that have already received their certificate. Besides receiving the actual certificate, do they send you anything else like cards or a pen or anything? Someone told me they used to send a small toolkit? Do they still do that? It would be nice if they did.

Comments

• leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    when i took my a+ in 2000, i got a little wallet card think that's about it...

btw congrats :)
    Dustin Leefers
  • rkholmesrkholmes Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't think it was A+, but one of my CompTIA certs included a semi-nice metal type generic (didn't specify the cert) lapel pin.

The cert and the wallet card are the standard fare of the kit which they ship out. Your assured those two items each time you cert up.

Congratulations on your passing the exam and becoming a member of the IT community who cared enough to validate your skills by taking a test. Best of luck in the future.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats, that only other thing that you get for free is the A+ logo. Now that you got your A+, you can do a ETA-i CST rollover (if you want) via studyexam4less, with the rollover you also get 1 year's free membership in the ETA-i.

-Ken
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    renilcerym wrote:
    Today I took the A+ essentials and the A+ IT Technician exam and scored a 825 and 840. I have a question for those that have already received their certificate. Besides receiving the actual certificate, do they send you anything else like cards or a pen or anything? Someone told me they used to send a small toolkit? Do they still do that? It would be nice if they did.

Congratulations!

As already mentioned, wallet card and pin are usually all there is. At one time you could qualify for a toolkit if you signup and enroll in membership program....though the toolkit isn't worth it. You can buy better tools for less at the hardware store. And if you want the tool kit, you can buy it for about $9 from Thinkgeek or Cyberguys easily enough.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • renilcerymrenilcerym Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cool, Thanks for the information. No, I'm not in need of a toolkit but I just thought I remember they used to send you a small toolkit along with the cert and card. I thought it would be nice especially for the price to take the exam.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, you took the exams exactly the same way I took mine back in the 2003-objective days. (I was scheduled through my employer, they paid for it, and I'm guessing that my card and my certificate was sent to the business next door. Never did get it.) What's next on your hit-list, something like Network+, or maybe Linux+?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • renilcerymrenilcerym Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am starting to study for my Network+. I'm trying to get a couple more certificates for the summer. After Network+ I will most likely go for Security+ and then CCNA. I would like to get my Linux+ but I don't really see a big demand for it. The current place I work for has only one linux machine.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats!

I will be going for my Linux+ eventually... I think it is going to be essential for System Administrators in the near future... It already is in some environments!

Anyway, best of luck with all your future certs!